The stories behind all 27 of The Smiths' provocative album and single sleeves - NME.com

Re: The stories behind all 27 of The Smiths' provocative album and single sleeves.

What a stack of shit. I'm not sure if Stephane should be angry or happy.

Re: The stories behind all 27 of The Smiths' provocative album and single sleeves.

angry

An anonymous person posted the link:

The Smiths - The Stories Behind All 27 Of Their Provocative Album And Single Sleeves - NME.com
Ever wondered who each of the characters and faces adorning the covers of The Smiths records were? Here's an exhaustive guide to each and everyone of their 27 single and album releases' sleeves, and what they mean...

@torrHL / Twitter tweeted:

@NME just copy & pasted from http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com With zero credit given. So wrong of a for-profit company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Didn't passionsjustlikemine just swipe the information from 'Peepholism' in the first place?

'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side': Writer Truman Capote is the jumping, jubilant cover star of 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side'. Morrissey later said of the cover: "When I put him [Capote] on the cover of the Smiths single 'The Boy With the Thorn In His Side' a certain member of the Smiths (who unfortunately is still alive) said, "is that Ernie Wise?" .... dear God ..."

i lol'd

as someone already named the book , Peepholism, is for me a sorta holy grail , always,
or still am bothered why they/Jo Slee didn't make a part 2

There are several people who made a website and did enormous good work and it costed lots of time
to get the back catalogue, intervieuws, bootlegs etc. Stephane always added his website though he stopped
working on it, but let the site open, about a year ago, but doubt if he could give it a rest.

It's another low in the eNeMEy, easy copy and paste, without copyrights or paying for it.

'and the say he's mentall'...journalist who don't pay...

Last edited:
'Dean was one of a young Morrissey’s heroes, to the extent that the singer once wrote a piece of fiction in his honour: the 1983, pre-Smiths fame book James Dean Is Not Dead.'

Good old NME. Always getting things wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

The NME is now given away free due to dwindling sales. They make their money from advertising and the website. Still wrong but I doubt whether they are for-profit publication

The NMEasy is most definitely still for-profit. This isn't a first for them, and frankly, one of their lesser egregious practices. A total lack of integrity permeates throughout that business.

Don't click on the NME 's link, it would give them more traffic for the advertisements. And let's visit again Stephane's fantastic website :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom