The Songs Which Certainly Didn't Save Your Life.

What? I Have Forgiven Jesus is a brilliant song as is Suedehead!

You guys have all been taking crazy pills today!!!

Look, I'm going to have to defer to your expertise in this case but as a general observation I find that people who claim Revolver is the best Beatles LP are the ones who know in their hearts it's really Sgt. Pepper's but can't overcome their pride and go with conventional wisdom.

I shall now hide under the nearest bed.

Sgt. Pepper is overrated.
not that it's not a fantastic album that opened a lot of doors, but i still think it's not their best.
now, i usually get suspicious when people tell me The Beatles is their favourite album, because i think it's probably the most pretentious choice.
eh.. give me Rubber Soul anyday..

oh, and i don't like The Hand That Rocks The Cradle either.. unlike Kimberly.

The Father Who Must Be Killed, All The Lazy Dykes, Work Is A Four Letter Word..hmm, haha. I haven't listened to Journalists Who Lie or any song that I have only read bad things about. Maybe I will some time so I can see what's going on with them, lmao.

I love Death At One's Elbow. : O I understand how its not one of The Smiths best stufff but the musical side of my heart cannot help but have a fondness for it. !

edit: I was just reminded of At Last I Am Born. this is very significant in a not at all good way. :p

Last edited:
Sgt. Pepper is overrated.
not that it's not a fantastic album that opened a lot of doors, but i still think it's not their best.
now, i usually get suspicious when people tell me The Beatles is their favourite album, because i think it's probably the most pretentious choice.
eh.. give me Rubber Soul anyday..

The Beatles (aka The White Album, for the two of you who don't know) is their best-selling album to date, which surprises me. It doesn't have any "hits" on it, even though most people probably know at least 6-10 of its songs just by virtue of having been on this planet for a few years.

oh, and i don't like The Hand That Rocks The Cradle either.. unlike Kimberly.

I love 'em both, with a slight preference for the latter.

There's certainly more than a few, but first one that comes to mind is 'Moon River', I
hate that song!

Ok, so there must be some tracks you tend to skip, some you think "oh hurry up"...most are mind blowing but some are just well...*sigh*

Here are my 5 skips:

Found, Found, Found
The Father Who Must Be Killed
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Shakespeare's Sister
Death At One's Elbow

Love PTxx.

shakespeares sister? are you crayzay?

journalists who lie. i mean come on. lame. and obvs.

also even the not so good ones are good enough to be featured in a broadway or west end musical.

musicals im into em.

Or they're Modest Mouse/Jay-Z fans.

"Forget it, he's rolling."

Animal_House_Was_it_over_when_Germans_bombed_Perl_Harbour.jpg

Roy's Keen
Meat is Murder
Piccadilly Palare
This Night has Opened My Eyes
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Ask
Golden Lights
Bengali In Platforms
At Amber
Michael's Bones
The Lazy Sunbathers
Found Found Found
Journalists Who Lie
Swallow On My Neck
At Last I Am Born

I'm not saying I DON'T or WOULDN'T listen to these ones. But I don't listen to them often.

The live version from the In The Future When All's Well is one of the best ones. Much better than the album version.

ok :) thx. The song's pitchiness just irritates me. It's out of tune or not musically consistent or something, I dunno-it just doesn't mesh well for me. When I first heard it I thought he was experimenting with a new vocal styling (like he's exhausted other melodies) with that dip in "anybody's hero now"--the odd up & down over those three words. And the rest of the song for that matter. meh. I don't care for it, tho I like the lyrics. I'd still have a listen to the live version :)

Shakespeare's Sister
Lost
Life Is A Pigsty
Alsation Cousin
Michael's Bones

Think that's it for the mo anyway...

Ambitious Outsiders (worst song by anyone, ever)
Never Had No-one Ever (worst Smiths song though Billy Bragg does a good version)
Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Meat Is Murder
Shoplifters
Pretty Girls Make Graves (John Porter version)
Unloveable

I could quite happily never listen to the John Porter produced version of the Smiths' debut ever again. The Troy Tate versions are far far better.

On the other hand, I've always quite liked Golden Lights & Papa Jack.They have bad reps don't they?

And I love love love Tony The Pony.

Re: The Songs Which Certainly

Didn't Save Your Life.

Will Never Marry
:p

It was not even saving

Back
Top Bottom