The Songs Which Certainly Didn't Save Your Life.

Ok, so there must be some tracks you tend to skip, some you think "oh hurry up"...most are mind blowing but some are just well...*sigh*

Here are my 5 skips:

Found, Found, Found
The Father Who Must Be Killed
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Shakespeare's Sister
Death At One's Elbow

Love PTxx.

Ok, so there must be some tracks you tend to skip, some you think "oh hurry up"...most are mind blowing but some are just well...*sigh*

Here are my 5 skips:

Found, Found, Found
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Shakespeare's Sister
Death At One's Elbow

Love PTxx.

I will probably be crucified for this, but I am quite tired of Suedehead and Everyday is Like Sunday. I just am. They're good songs, they're just lauded over ones that I think are far more brilliant.

Found, Found, Found

Agreed.

Agreed, although if I'd heard this when I was 15, I would have interpreted it as a call to arms. It would have been ugly.

I Have Forgiven Jesus

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FECKING MIND?!?!!? Maybe you weren't subjected to 13 years of Catholic schooling, like I was. :pray: :eek: :sick: :tears: :gun:

Shakespeare's Sister

Yep.

Death At One's Elbow

:sick:

I'd also add "Shoplifters of the World Unite" and "Sheila Take a Bow" to this list. I used to love them (especially Shoplifters; it was so edgy), but now they're just trite as f***.

Here are my 5 skips:

Found, Found, Found
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Shakespeare's Sister
Death At One's Elbow

Love PTxx.

Found, Found, Found
(I'm) The End of The Family Line
King Leer
Maladjusted

Golden Lights is the Smiths/Moz song that, if I had to choose just one, I would burn, never to be heard again. I know Moz and Marr didn't write it, but they still recorded it, making it skippable.

Oh, and it would be Papa Jack, if it has to be one Moz wrote. Don't like that song at all, its always skipped.

The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye
The Slum Mums
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Journalists Who Lie

That's about it...

Peter

I will probably be crucified for this, but I am quite tired of Suedehead and Everyday is Like Sunday. I just am. They're good songs, they're just lauded over ones that I think are far more brilliant.

I skip those two -and How Soon Is Now- often.

I usually always skip Girlfriend In a Coma. Not that I dont like it, I just don't want to hear it much anymore (plus it's my ring tone :p) It also reminds me of an old f***head of a boyfriend. He said it reminded him of me -as did every Moz/Smiths song, so :guitar: yeay me!!

I always skip:

Journalists Who Lie
He Cried
Shakespeare's Sister
I'll Never be Anybody's Hero
America is Not the World
Slum Mums
It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small
and sometimes, Dear God Please Help Me *ducks*

(I'm) The End of The Family Line

:eek: dood! :( I heart that song to death.

I agree on Suedehead. Everyday is like sunday still sounds like a little masterpiece to me though.

Revolver. That's all I need to say.

Look, I'm going to have to defer to your expertise in this case but as a general observation I find that people who claim Revolver is the best Beatles LP are the ones who know in their hearts it's really Sgt. Pepper's but can't overcome their pride and go with conventional wisdom.

I shall now hide under the nearest bed.

Back
Top Bottom