The Songs That Make You Want To Cry

Its quite late on and I'm probably being a wuss but there are just certain Smiths/Morrissey songs that just make me want to cry...namely, Well I Wonder, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and Dear God Please Help Me. What about you?

Its quite late on and I'm probably being a wuss but there are just certain Smiths/Morrissey songs that just make me want to cry...namely, Well I Wonder, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and Dear God Please Help Me. What about you?

Those plus Seasick Yet Still Docked, Asleep, Late Night Maudlin Street, the one where at the end he says "I hope you're singing now" (I think that's Late Night but I have other music on and can't think.) There's many.

Please 3x (always)
life is a pigsty (sometimes) ..
seasick, yet still docked (always)
dear god please help me (often)
Friday mourning (sometimes)
i know it's gonna happen someday (always)
moonriver (always)
interlude (often)
lost (often)
and there's a light..(sometimes)..:tears:

That's Entertainment
Lucky Lisp
The Girl Least Likely To

Wide to receive,
Come back to Camden,
Well I wonder,
I won't share you,
There is a light,
Asleep,
Pigsty,
I can have both,
Maudlin Street,
Why don't you find out for yourself............

Pigsty
Please Please Please... Especially that live version in NYC :(
Well I Wonder
What She Said
Friday Mourning
My Life Is A Succession...

And when I see him live, practically every song makes me cry!

There are a couple of lines in 'How Soon Is Now' that cut to the very heart of me.

They just sum up a certain period of my life

I can't even quote them here...

There are a couple of lines in 'How Soon Is Now' that cut to the very heart of me.

They just sum up a certain period of my life

I can't even quote them here...

come on you are amongst friends here......feel the feelings

Seeing Mama, Lay Softly on the Riverbed live was a big one!:p

The first songs to make me cry:
Suffer Little Children
Please, Please, Please....
Asleep

There Is A Place In Hell Reserved For Me And My Friends.

Though the live version is upbeat and happy and makes me smile, the recorded version gets me sometimes.

I Know It's Over. The whole song just sounds exactly like me at a point of my life and it's just...Lord. Sometimes I get caught unawares- like I ended up struggling to hold back tears in a Technology lesson because I had my mp3 player on shuffle and I Know It's Over came on.

Asleep
Life is a Pigsty
There Is a Light...
How Soon is Now ('a shyness that is criminally vulgar' God. First time I heard that I was in floods. I couldn't believe that such a complex feeling, or situation or whatever, could be expressed like that- and I hadn't realised anyone else felt that way)
I'd Love To.

There is a light that never goes out
I know it's over
Well i wonder
Asleep
suffer little childern
Back to the old house
I know very well how i got my name
I've changed my plea to guilty

you guys are a bunch of mamby pambys! :D:)

I'm just playin' :p

I think its actually namby pamby, now that I actually look at it...

Full Disclosure: I may have shed 1-3 tears of overwhelming joy while attending a Moz concert, when he first walks out on stage, and only if it had been awhile since seeing him live. May have.

Last edited:
Reel Around the Fountain, Life is a Pigsty
and probably many more ... I'm an absolute wimp (but only when it comes to Morrissey :cool:).

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle does funny things to me!:p Really scares the shit out of me, but not fear... it's something weird, I love it!:p

Back
Top Bottom