The song "Maladjusted"

slyfoxy

Hi. I'm fairly new to this wonderful site, even though I've been a Moz fan since forever (and caught 5 of the Broadway shows). So if this has been discussed before forgive me (and Jesus).
I've been listening to the Maladjusted album a lot recently and digging it all over again. And the opening title track, to me, is so freaking great in its simple musical "movement" from start to finish. Luv it. My question: in the last beautiful part.... "There's nothing wrong with me..." Is that falsetto being sung by Moz or Alain? thanks

And, regarding the album itself, so many beautiful moments like M's gorgeous, heavenly voice on "Wide To Receive" .......omg!

Hi. I'm fairly new to this wonderful site, even though I've been a Moz fan since forever (and caught 5 of the Broadway shows). So if this has been discussed before forgive me (and Jesus).
I've been listening to the Maladjusted album a lot recently and digging it all over again. And the opening title track, to me, is so freaking great in its simple musical "movement" from start to finish. Luv it. My question: in the last beautiful part.... "There's nothing wrong with me..." Is that falsetto being sung by Moz or Alain? thanks

And, regarding the album itself, so many beautiful moments like M's gorgeous, heavenly voice on "Wide To Receive" .......omg!

Not an album I’m overly keen on but it has one of my favourite Morrissey songs of all time, “trouble loves me”. Wide to receive is very good too.

"Is that falsetto being sung by Moz or Alain? thanks”

It’s sung by Morrissey

Yes. I also don't consider it one his better albums at all. But whenever I start to just get enthralled (?) with one particular album, I get so into it. I do that a lot. Kind of "live" with a certain album for a few days, exclusive of anything else. And it envelopes me. Not only with M but with any of the great musical artists I love. And, currently, for a few days I've been IN LOVE with Maladjusted. Is there anyone who does this, or am I weird? haha

You know what? I saw this tour live, and, altho it sounds like Moz, I'm almost 100% positive it is sung by Whyte. I was surprised at that. Just that last part. Can't find a video of that particular song in concert in THAT year, 1997. Maybe some can?

It's almost certainly Alain/Boz. And in recent years, Gustavo sings this part. On the album it never sounded to me like Morrissey is singing this part.

Hi,
I can answer this, it was originally sung by Alain. Source: In 2013, my wife and I went to a showing of 25 Live in Austin, Texas at the Alamo Drafthouse. Gustavo (who lives in Austin) did a fascinating q&a after the film and among many other questions, someone asked him about singing the falsetto part (which he does in the film) and he told us all how that was such a great honor to be asked to do so. Also, that he listened to Alain (said his name!) on the recorded version many times in preparation.

Thanks so much. When I saw the concert tour in 1997, I do remember Alain singing it. "there's nothing wrong with..." Beautiful. So, Eric , don't try to be so cock sure. lol

One of my favourite Morrissey songs. The delivery of those amazing lyrics and how they weave and bob around the guitar patterns showcases Morrissey’s genius ear for melody.

Live it gets better. Love the 25Live version and there’s a poor quality radio show from the time it was released, which is heavy heavy heavy. Wish we had it in better quality. Fabulous stuff.

Alain definitely sang this high ending part - then by Boz or keyboardist (during the random band members phase) after Alain "left".
It's a Boorer track, but it's Alain's voice (he's credited for backing vocals on both editions of the release).
Awful footage (hey..90's...), but here's him singing it:

Regards,
FWD.

It's almost certainly Alain/Boz. And in recent years, Gustavo sings this part. On the album it never sounded to me like Morrissey is singing this part.

It sure did to me. I normally have a great ear for stuff like this. Oh well, nobody’s perfect

Alain definitely sang this high ending part - then by Boz or keyboardist (during the random band members phase) after Alain "left".
It's a Boorer track, but it's Alain's voice (he's credited for backing vocals on both editions of the release).
Awful footage (hey..90's...), but here's him singing it:

Regards,
FWD.

Thank you FWD. Yep that’s definitely what’s on the album. Wish I could find out why they went that route but alas I’ll never know

Back
Top Bottom