The Smyths play Bush Hall on Friday

Smythssinger

As mentioned elsewhere - thanks for the roll call Virgil!- The Smyths play Bush Hall, Shepherds Bush this coming Friday. For those who recently saw the Putney and St Albans shows, we'll be mixing the set up again to reward your continued loyalty.

Visit http://www.bushhallmusic.co.uk/ where tickets can be bought in advance. The band will play two sets and before, in between, and after, the Bugbear DJs will spin a lovely melange of Indie delights.

BUSH HALL
310 UXBRIDGE ROAD
LONDON W12 7LJ
TEL: 020 8222 6955
Doors 8pm - 1am
£10
Travel Advice: Whilst Shepherds Bush station on the Central line is closed, White City (also Central line) is a 5 minute walk down Wood Lane to and from Shepherd Bush. Just turn left on leaving White City and you are on Wood Lane.
Shepherds Bush station on the Hammersmith & City line is open and is very near Bush Hall.

Buses: 49, 72, 94 , 95, 148, 207, 220 etc.

Stay Handsome!

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who came to the Bush Hall show last night. Wonderful crowd, wonderful venue (most befitting The Smiths methinks). We'll be announcing a return show for later in the year in the near future.
Stay handsome!
Graham - The Smyths.

Hi Graham,
I made it along on Fri.
A most enjoyable and quite splendid occasion! Great venue too.
Really enjoyed 'The More You Ignore Me'; an excellent rendition, top marks to you and the band!
Cheers.
Maurice

wonderful venue (most befitting The Smiths methinks).

Agree!

Not sure about Paulc dancing though!

Just a shame no one plays the double bass as Sing your Life would be a nice song to add in my opanion.

Agree!

Just a shame no one plays the double bass as Sing your Life would be a nice song to add in my opanion.

I would certainly second that request VT! Sing your Life is one of the best ever songs and it would be brilliant to hear live. Reckon it'd still sound ok with a normal bass-at least when you've had a drink or two!
It was great to meet you and Tony (?) and of course the legendary Paul C on Friday. Hope you made it to the aftershow thing.
Would be cool to get another group of solo-ers together for future Smyths shows.
Cheers.

Glad you enjoyed the show guys. Sadly the aftershow idea came to nothing. Having had the idea, on stage, and announcing the Ves Bar as an ideal location, we arrived about 40 minutes after the gig ended to find that it had closed! Apologies to anyone who went along hoping to chat with us about the show. Next time I'll do some research before launching such ill-considered propositions!

Agree!

Ha ha ha what was wrong with my dancing!? Apart from being a little admittedly over enthusastic there was nothing to be ashamed of - was there?? :D:(:eek:

Virgil, Maurice E - an absolute pleasure and honour to meet u both

And Graham and the lads - thanks for yet another superb night! :guitar:

I don't have the set to hand but there were several changes from Putney and a very different running order. The running order at Bush Hall worked well, allowing the songs to flow nicely so we'll likely use that set again...save for one or two "tweaks" and surprises.

Back
Top Bottom