The Smyths Performing 'RANK' - 'Panic On The Streets' Official Book Launch!

Jukebox Jury

Retired
The Smyths Performing 'RANK' - 'Panic On The Streets' Official Launch London 16th Aug

I know it is two months away, but gives you chance to save up!

The official launch party of the book

'PANIC ON THE STREETS' by Phill Gatenby

Featuring top Smiths tribute band

THE SMYTHS
Thursday 16th August 2007 - £10 admission

Islington Bar Academy
16 Parkfield Street
London
N1 0PS

The official launch party of the book 'Panic On The Streets' (Reynolds & Hearn) will feature a new set never performed by The Smyths before - the entire classic live Smiths album 'Rank'.

7 - 8.30pm Smiths / Morrissey disco
8.30 - 10pm The Smyths play RANK + more
10 -11pm Smiths / Morrissey disco

Only 250 tickets available, so dont delay or you'll miss out.
For ticket details - http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&interface=islingacad&event=224841

For more details on The Smyths - www.thesmyths.net

For more details of the book 'Panic On The Streets' - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panic-Stree...9038204?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184070580&sr=8-1

For those in the Manchester area, I'm putting on a free minibus leaving Thursday morning and coming back straight after the party is over. PM me if you are interested.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: The Smyh

will this not interfere with your other job on't door at Maladjusted?

I'll see if I can get a visa sorted & get down, I was at the waterstones launch of Morrissey's Manchester, in Manchester & I even got to question the author of that marvelous tome, will you be offering a Q & A as well for your publication? If not would it be possible to set one up in here?

My 1st Q is are there any colour photo's in it?

My 2nd Q is when do I get my fiver? :)

love

Grim
P.s. if the Maladjusted do is the week after could you not run a Northern version (Obviously don't answer this in public until after the London event) & get the Smyths up & run inconjunction with Maladjusted? Actually it wouldn't have to be the Smyths I'm sure I've heard there's a more local 'Ambitious' group not from 'Outside' Manchester

Last edited:

Not really doing too much in Manchester this time, just hope the press do their bit.

I was gutted when I realsied this date clashed with 'Maladjusted' but couldn't get another date. I have been given the night off by Paul though (who was to be my DJ in London too!!).

Yes I recall your question about Roy Bloody Keen......:mad:

Jukebox Jury

Not really doing too much in Manchester this time, just hope the press do their bit.

I was gutted when I realsied this date clashed with 'Maladjusted' but couldn't get another date. I have been given the night off by Paul though (who was to be my DJ in London too!!).

Yes I recall your question about Roy Bloody Keen......:mad:

Jukebox Jury

kinnel it was, what a marvelous memory you have, I wanted to ask something profound & interesting but that small cooking sherry that I supped sorted numbed my brain, I've never fully recovered (some might say). I've still got one of the posters that I borrowed from Waterstones that night.

I'm working on a terry vegetables question for this time, so be prepared! :)

love

Grim

Lilybett and I shall be attending as long as we are allowed frequent cigarette breaks on the way down to London in the mini bus and in this venue we are allowed to go outside to smoke and not have to queue up to get back in! :p

Lilybett and I shall be attending as long as we are allowed frequent cigarette breaks on the way down to London in the mini bus and in this venue we are allowed to go outside to smoke and not have to queue up to get back in! :p

We will stop off at Newport Pagnell services purely for nostalgic reasons (but keep your eye on your bag:D).

Welcome aboard Sis Steve and Fag Ash Lil.

Look forward to seeing you there too Alma :)

Jukebox Jury

Ooooh, can I come? The Smyths are amazing! As is your new book Phill, I'm sure.
What time will the bus back be?

Ooooh, can I come? The Smyths are amazing! As is your new book Phill, I'm sure.
What time will the bus back be?

Of course there is room for you Aziza.
I would leave after the party has finished (11pm), though no doubt we will visit the chippy first and most likely have to stop at each service station on the M1 / M6 so Steph and Lizzy can have a cig:D

Hopefully back around 3am!! Doorstep delivery:)

Jukebox Jury

It's about 10 minutes bus ride where I live.
My good freind left out also lives near the venue.
I'll be there with left out if she's not busy. :)

I will also be in attendance, now watch the tickets fly off the shelves :p

Deano, you are in the front seat of the bus, in charge of the music, directions and sniffing the air to see if *anyone* is at the back of the minibus having a crafty cig.... :eek:

Jukebox Jury

Deano, you are in the front seat of the bus, in charge of the music, directions and sniffing the air to see if *anyone* is at the back of the minibus having a crafty cig.... :eek:

Jukebox Jury

so that's twice you've given up your door job, 3 strikes & you are out me laddo! I suppose you'll be tackling the less arduous position as chief bar-person then?

Shaken not stirred & bitter not bored, please bar-tender, my good man! :eek:

love

Grim

Jukebox Jury

I hope this is a NO SMOKING minibus, with the stickers on the window to outline this fact like they have on Stagecoaches. A potential fine of £500 for commiting this criminal act would also be a positive ploy. Poppers are allowed though, and i hope Kathy spills a bottle on the bus to improve the aroma and hide the stench of sweaty Phill's armpits.

There will be an eclectic mix of music with DJ Deano on board, does this travelling device have a CD player or betamax?

I hope this is a NO SMOKING minibus, with the stickers on the window to outline this fact like they have on Stagecoaches. A potential fine of £500 for commiting this criminal act would also be a positive ploy. Poppers are allowed though, and i hope Kathy spills a bottle on the bus to improve the aroma and hide the stench of sweaty Phill's armpits.

There will be an eclectic mix of music with DJ Deano on board, does this travelling device have a CD player or betamax?

what happened to the good ol days, when on every chara trip the drivers mate would hand out song sheets with lyrics of popular songs to enable a grand sing-song journey, be sure to have thay old fav' show me the way to go home then pass round the drivers grotty cap so the journey fellows could show their appreciation!

love

Grim

I'm strapping the jukebox onto the roof, with extended speakers through the side windows. Your job is to climb out of the window, onto the roof and select the songs whilst I zoom along at 70mph:D

Jukebox Jury

I'm strapping the jukebox onto the roof, with extended speakers through the side windows. Your job is to climb out of the window, onto the roof and select the songs whilst I zoom along at 70mph:D

Jukebox Jury

so make sure you've a pocketful of 2bob pieces :eek:

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom