The Smyths Perform 'Rank' Aug 16th, Islington Academy

Jukebox Jury

Retired
A reminder, with just over a month to go.... tickets are selling swiftly so dont be disappointed! The 'Feeling Gloomy' club night has been added onto the bill to spin the tunes for the final hour to cheer us all up:D

The official launch party of the book

'PANIC ON THE STREETS' by Phill Gatenby

Featuring top Smiths tribute band

THE SMYTHS
Thursday 16th August 2007 - £10 admission

Islington Bar Academy
16 Parkfield Street
London
N1 0PS

The official launch party of the book 'Panic On The Streets' (Reynolds & Hearn) will feature a new set never performed by The Smyths before - the entire classic live Smiths album 'Rank'.

7 - 8.30pm Smiths / Morrissey disco
8.30 - 10pm The Smyths play RANK + more
10 -11pm 'Feeling Gloomy' - a disco of gloomy records to cheer you up!

Only 250 tickets available, so dont delay or you'll miss out.
For ticket details - http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=224841

For more details on The Smyths - www.thesmyths.net

For more details of the book 'Panic On The Streets' - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panic-Stree...9038204?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184070580&sr=8-1

For those in the Manchester area, I'm putting on a free minibus leaving Thursday morning and coming back straight after the party is over. PM me if you are interested - 4 places left.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A reminder, with just over a month to go.... tickets are selling swiftly so dont be disappointed! The 'Feeling Gloomy' club night has been added onto the bill to spin the tunes for the final hour to cheer us all up:D

The official launch party of the book

'PANIC ON THE STREETS' by Phill Gatenby

Featuring top Smiths tribute band

THE SMYTHS
Thursday 16th August 2007 - £10 admission

Islington Bar Academy
16 Parkfield Street
London
N1 0PS

The official launch party of the book 'Panic On The Streets' (Reynolds & Hearn) will feature a new set never performed by The Smyths before - the entire classic live Smiths album 'Rank'.

7 - 8.30pm Smiths / Morrissey disco
8.30 - 10pm The Smyths play RANK + more
10 -11pm 'Feeling Gloomy' - a disco of gloomy records to cheer you up!

Only 250 tickets available, so dont delay or you'll miss out.
For ticket details - http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=224841

For more details on The Smyths - www.thesmyths.net

For more details of the book 'Panic On The Streets' - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panic-Stree...9038204?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184070580&sr=8-1

For those in the Manchester area, I'm putting on a free minibus leaving Thursday morning and coming back straight after the party is over. PM me if you are interested - 4 places left.

Jukebox Jury

Should be a whopper, hotel and train already booked. By the way Phill, I showed Graham (singer) the book last Friday night - he was well impressed, and had his photo taken with it for their website.

Peter

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice one Peter,
Wanted to go myself but was babysitting! :(

Wow - this is my 1000th post!!

Jukebox Jury

'Nice! 'Citing! :rolleyes:

Yeah, when we were on our way to see them in Leeds last week, Steph said they were playing Rank and I became very excited by this as Rank is a work of art. Anyway, when they started playing ...Playboys and stuff I grew confused but obviously this is where Steph got the Rank idea from. Can't wait!

Still haven't asked my boss but heck, I'll just tell him I know a published author and am going to his book launch and he will be so bowled over by my friends in high places that he wouldn't dream of saying no for fear of appearing a priggish philistine. Maybe!

It's about a month away now, innit? The countdown begins!

Is it the album 'Rank' or the full set from that night at the National Ballroom.

Is the National Ballroom still there and do they still do gigs?

Aly
I'm assuming it will be the album Rank (given the band are on for an hour and a half and are doing someohter tunes afterwards as well)

As for the Rank venue, Kilburn National Ballroom, it's in my book so go out and buy it and read it for yourself :p

It is now a happy clappy church. I managed to sweet talk my way in to have a look around, they have really taken care of the place, beautifully clean and as it was. This bloke was trying to save my life as we went round, asking me to come back at 4pm for prayer meeting. I told him I'd be on the train back to Manchester then. He gave me the address of their sister church in Manchester....

Jukebox Jury

Cant wait for this do Phil, will be a corker. Theres 12 of us coming down, including an Aussie Girlfriend of a mate who reckons the Smiths "sound like a poor mans INXS".

Can we get the Smyths to "Girlfriend in A Coma" and dedicate it to her?

Cant wait for this do Phil, will be a corker. Theres 12 of us coming down, including an Aussie Girlfriend of a mate who reckons the Smiths "sound like a poor mans INXS".

Can we get the Smyths to "Girlfriend in A Coma" and dedicate it to her?

They do it very well, and they are very nice chaps, so I'm sure if you asked them they'd oblige.

Peter

They do it very well, and they are very nice chaps, so I'm sure if you asked them they'd oblige.

Peter

Its just a shame the Smiths never did a track called "What the bloody hell is your bird on about"

That would have made a perfect request and dedication to my mate Paul and his 'must be' mad or toned deaf Aussie girlfriend.

Stu

Aly
I'm assuming it will be the album Rank (given the band are on for an hour and a half and are doing someohter tunes afterwards as well)

As for the Rank venue, Kilburn National Ballroom, it's in my book so go out and buy it and read it for yourself :p

It is now a happy clappy church. I managed to sweet talk my way in to have a look around, they have really taken care of the place, beautifully clean and as it was. This bloke was trying to save my life as we went round, asking me to come back at 4pm for prayer meeting. I told him I'd be on the train back to Manchester then. He gave me the address of their sister church in Manchester....

Jukebox Jury

If I sell enough RAC memberships this month, I'll be there.

So can all who are coming from this site say 'Aye!' It will be interesting to meet cyber Moz people...

And I shall be wearing nothing but my wit... So thats next to nothing then. Roll on the 11th!

Back
Top Bottom