The Smyths - 100 Club gig 29 & 30 July 2016

Re: New London Date

Support by Shergar

I saw The Smyths at Tamworth town hall a few years ago, about 150 at the gig, now you get the tickets on ticketmaster etc, they are bloody good though. If you ain't seen 'em yet get your arse into gear and get some tickets bought.

"Bloody good"

Well that is a matter of opinion.

I thought they were terrible and the cheesy talking of the singer all the time.

They are nothing like the real thing.

People have said it's like going back in time to see the Smiths. Nonsense. They don't come close.

If what you want is a cheesy Butlins style drunken night then go but you could also do that anywhere without the privilege of paying for a tribute band to decimate memories.

I don't like covers bands.

"Bloody good"

Well that is a matter of opinion.

I thought they were terrible and the cheesy talking of the singer all the time.

They are nothing like the real thing.

People have said it's like going back in time to see the Smiths. Nonsense. They don't come close.

If what you want is a cheesy Butlins style drunken night then go but you could also do that anywhere without the privilege of paying for a tribute band to decimate memories.

I don't like covers bands.

Complete and utter bollocks-they are obviously not the real thing but they are well worth the entrance fee but as you don't like cover bands they wouldn't win you over anyway, regardless of the standard of their act. I think they are great, and as we will never see a re-union they certainly fill a gap in some of our little lives.

Nout wrong with a boozy Butlins weekender either btw!!!!!

Filling the gap of a Butlins weekend as I said is fine by me if that's what you want.

Filling a gap because you want to experience what it may have been like seeing The Smiths live it will never achieve.
You'd be better watching a live Smiths video. Nowhere near close and neither could they be.

I really wish I had seen Kurt Cobain live but I'm not going to pay some Nirvana cover band to try to fill the gap. I'd rather watch the real thing on a tv than see someone impersonate them.

Each to their own.

Filling the gap of a Butlins weekend as I said is fine by me if that's what you want.

Filling a gap because you want to experience what it may have been like seeing The Smiths live it will never achieve.
You'd be better watching a live Smiths video. Nowhere near close and neither could they be.

I really wish I had seen Kurt Cobain live but I'm not going to pay some Nirvana cover band to try to fill the gap. I'd rather watch the real thing on a tv than see someone impersonate them.

Each to their own.

Didn't Kurt Cobain do Butlins at Minehead once? I think he did, or maybe I was so pissed I just imagined it.

Didn't Kurt Cobain do Butlins at Minehead once? I think he did, or maybe I was so pissed I just imagined it.

Close - it was actually Butlins at Bognor Regis.

Apparently they were going to call the first single off In Utero "Heart Shaped Bognor" until Steve Albini talked them out of it.

"Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
My chalet is damp
and the sinks full of ice"

Back
Top Bottom