The Smiths - Unreleased Demos & Instrumentals [Bootleg Vinyl Rip]

What a great surprise. Many thanks, Motorway, for ripping and uploading. I love hearing these, because it gives a glimpse as to how the songs evolved, particularly those that weren't played often live.

"Peace, Love and Harmony"? Don't you mean, "Love, Peace and Harmony"?

TIALTNGO has a less confident vocal on the first half of the track, but his dalliances at the end are great.

I wish I wasn't stranded in America listening to this on laptop speakers. Take me back to dear old Blighty please, BA.

The hand that rocks the cradle......OH MY GOD Motorways i'll be in your debt forever, or until i forget at any rate. many thanks.:thumb:

Awesome stuff. Many, many thanks. Lovely demo of Ask. I think someone should put those instrumentals on a cassette and send them to Morrissey...

Is it too late to say THANK YOU for this. You're some boy, Motorways.

Many thanks for sharing Brilliant to have these at last

Actually it's the other way around. Warner has been wanting to do this for a long time. It's M and sometimes M who don't go along because the timing is not good for them, or other reasons.

Stephane

this is really astonishing stuff ... like someone said, it's like hearing them again for the first time in some ways ... makes you realise how unbelievably, supernaturally good they were

There's rehearsals, demos and studio outtakes of every song that you know, and then more.

Stephane

I guess I shall have to wait some time for a "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" demo or outtake? :lbf:

But yeah, Girlfriend In A Coma does sound a bit reggae and nobody has mentioned about Shelia Takes A Bow sounding so very raw...one word for all the demos: Masterpieces

Thank you Thank youThank you!

I bought the vinyls, have no way to convert them, and my record player is rubbish, so I really appreciate you doing this for us. :) Thank you for sharing!

Actually it's the other way around. Warner has been wanting to do this for a long time. It's M and sometimes M who don't go along because the timing is not good for them, or other reasons.

Stephane

I think we mean the same thing - the label should be putting pressure on M&M to agree to a full blown box set. I'm sure that both of them can think of a million reasons not to do it; but as each year goes by, more and more of this stuff will leak out, they need to protect their legacy, put this stuff into the open in a professional and credible manner that will stand the test of time.

I've listened to these tracks a few times today and I'm blown away each time. The full version of QiD is just amazing. The eastern sounds of Sheila Take a Bow that turn into has and Dave. Different lyrics all over the place. All of it is just amazing.

Thanks to all those responsible for putting out the vinyl (is it only available via 'everything English' or are others selling it as well?) and thanks to Motorways for ripping it.

Dave

cant find the vinyl on "everything English"

Amazing to hear these...!!! Thank you, Motorways!

And thank you Stephane for the information about the leaks. It's very exciting that there is a possibility of either more bootlegs or an official boxset. Either or, I can't wait!

julian_assange--300x300.jpg
"I'm glad you guys are enjoying the songs I leaked" - Julian

julian_assange--300x300.jpg
"I'm glad you guys are enjoying the songs I leaked" - Julian

Poor Julian, he's suffering under the US death hands.

Thank you guys for posting & sharing these songs w/ us.
Thanks Santa for bringing them to me.

Sheila... with sitar. Sick.

Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom