The Smiths Under Review DVD

Springheeledjim84

..they say 'ee's mental..
So has anyone purchased this item yet??? I picked it up yesterday in Canada and shall watch it this weekend whilst quaffing lukewarm tea. My thoughts on the documentary will be up as soon as I've watched it.

JIM

girlunafraid said:
the quiz is fairly fun, and I would say the only redeeming feature of the DVD!

Yes, I did enjoy the quiz. It was like playing a Smiths Special Who Wants To Be A Millionaire without the money. I just wish there were more questions!

I didn't even know the thing existed. I get the feeling I'm not missing much.

Not that interesting though - glad I bought it though, if only for the smiths quiz.

Mainly focuses on the "genius" of Marr and the "bad attitude" of Morrissey and most of the talking heads agreeing Morrissey needs Marr (hmmmmmmm......really)??

As usual, Tony Wilson comes across as a total pretentious twat and I think the only thing I learnt after watching this DVD was that The Queen is Dead was to be called Margaret on the Gullotine but the track was finished in time.

Most of the music clips comes from the Smiths Complete Picture so nothing new there - but nevertheless a nice addition to the collection.

JIM

re: Maragret on the Gullotine - the track WASN'T finished in time.

JIM

So what is the best Smiths documentary on DVD then (or even not on DVD)?

Info appreciated.

I really liked that clip with Morrissey talking about school and his old neighborhood, etc ;]

Info appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom