The Smiths - (TQID) Warners 20th anniversary bonus cd of related rarities cd-r on eBay

This will be interesting to watch. First one of these I have ever seen for sale..
The 2006 debunked Warner's Queen Is Dead rarities bonus cd-r. All looks legit to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Smiths-...827907?hash=item1ebe4e6643:g:VZYAAOSwJ7RYW--O

Dexcription:

This is a UNRELEASED internally distributed CD that was prepped and planned as part of a reissue of The Queen is Dead. Unfortunately, the plans for that were scrapped and the songs were never released.

NONE of these UNRELEASED DEMO tracks have ever been released.

Most of these tracks have never been mentioned on Morrissey and Smiths web-forums and I doubt many of these CDs even exist nowadays.

The CD and cover are in impeccable condition. I placed paper over top to prevent counterfeiting of the listing and to cover private information.

This may be your only chance to own one. Feel free to message me with any questions.

39501_39500_s-l16001.jpg

39503_s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone wants cash and I doubt it's with the blessing of the creators, Morrissey or Marr.

I therefore wish they had no bids. The best outcome would be this person realising monetary gain from music they didn't create is pointless, and stick it on Youtube for free

We all know that won't happen so I wait on 1) a leak, or 2) an official release

I won't join in with this. I've lived without it thus far and so can you.

Why am I a troll? Cause you say so? Cause I pointed out the obvious?

CDR's take a minute to copy. The disc label is cheap and generic. The paper insert is type face and easily duplicated. All this points to an item that could very easily be reproduced and sold. It could easily be counterfeit.

Sure the music would still be real. But then you arent paying for the rare item, but instead for the rare tracks. The tracks stop being rare once they are released or uploaded to the public, which will happen.

Is a copy of a rare item still valuable? Only to the sucker buying it.

The only reason u think its fake is cos you're a dishonest person, therefore the seller must be dishonest in your eyes. You even admitted that you would fake and sell them on ebay if you were in the sellers position. Just because you're a dodgy bastard doesnt mean everyone else is

I'm the seller if you have any questions on either item let me know. I'd be glad to clarify.

One note: I'm not the same seller as the previous reference CDs.

The only reason u think its fake is cos you're a dishonest person, therefore the seller must be dishonest in your eyes. You even admitted that you would fake and sell them on ebay if you were in the sellers position. Just because you're a dodgy bastard doesnt mean everyone else is

Hard to take an anonymous poster seriously. Cowards and scammers. Sorry if I'm threatening the proceeds of your auction you piece of shit. I have no doubt now that this item is a fake. Schilling on morrissey-solo with an anonymous account. Real cool.

How come nobody is making copies of No One Can Hold CD-R?

It's a CD-R. The cover is a shitty, grainy picture. The label is generic too, so technically, it could be easily reproduced.

How about the You Are The Quarry interview CD-R? Same thing.

I don't see them popping up on ebay even though they should be just as "easy to reproduce".

If it just takes a minute to reproduce them, how come they never show up on ebay?

Because you are a fan and you overestimate his relevance and popularity. Morrissey is a niche artist at this point with a small fanbase. I've been a fan since 86' but even I wouldnt shell out copious amounts of cash for a niche item. The collector market is simply not there.

Hard to take an anonymous poster seriously. Cowards and scammers. Sorry if I'm threatening the proceeds of your auction you piece of shit. I have no doubt now that this item is a fake. Schilling on morrissey-solo with an anonymous account. Real cool.

I'm a UK based collector, i have nothing to do with this item or the sale of the item. ''You have no doubt the item is fake'' - based on what? You really are a f***in cock

Because you are a fan and you overestimate his relevance and popularity. Morrissey is a niche artist at this point with a small fanbase. I've been a fan since 86' but even I wouldnt shell out copious amounts of cash for a niche item. The collector market is simply not there.

You talk so much shit.

Whether I'm a fan or not, whether I overestimate anything or not, none of this answers my questions, does it?

Let me write in caps so maybe you will read:

IF CDRS ARE SO EASY TO DUPLICATE, HOW COME WE DON'T SEE NO ON CAN HOLD A CANDLE TO YOU CDRS FOR SALE ON EBAY ALL THE TIME?

A "No One Can Hold" cd would sell for at least $400 on ebay, regardless of whether I'm a fan or not.

So if you'd like to address the question instead of making everything about me, that would be nice. Thanks.

Its the fans of any artist who decide how popular or relevant their artist is, so what the f*** u on about. If its not down to the fans of morrissey to put him on a pedestal, to big him up, to buy his records, to spend copious amounts on his items, then whos it down to?

There's nothing wrong with this item at all, DavidK is talking shit. If you're bidding then good luck, it's worth every penny. And No i'm not the seller either.

Yes, Johnny too. I think it's the main reason it hasn't come off yet. Moz thinks, and he is half-right, that he is the one who has been promoting The Smiths for the past 29 years and is thus responsible for their ongoing, and increasing popularity. So a 50/50 offer for him and Johnny would never be fair in his eyes.
And he doesn't need the cash like the others do ;-)

sounds plausible if he thought/thinks that way. But what makes you think 'Moz thinks' this way ? and why is he 'half-right'. Though if he did think this way, I could see why, for he is really the only reason and the one out of the four that has kept the light from going out.

but still I don't think the Joyce court case and its ruling helped at all in any hope or possibility for a reunion, though I guess it can be done without Joyce which would be a sweet revenge.

Why am I a troll? Cause you say so? Cause I pointed out the obvious?

CDR's take a minute to copy. The disc label is cheap and generic. The paper insert is type face and easily duplicated. All this points to an item that could very easily be reproduced and sold. It could easily be counterfeit.

Sure the music would still be real. But then you arent paying for the rare item, but instead for the rare tracks. The tracks stop being rare once they are released or uploaded to the public, which will happen.

Is a copy of a rare item still valuable? Only to the sucker buying it.

How many "Interlude" 3" in-house reference cd-r's,
"Ignore Me" Parlophone reference cd-r's,
Morrissey "Singles" shelved Parlophone in-house reference 1994 cd-r,
"Boy Racer" RCA Victor Boy 1 reference cd-r,
"Sunny" Paralophone GB reference cd-r,
"Alama Matters" Island 1997 reference cd-r,
"Maladjusted" Island F promo cd-r ,
"Roy's", "Satan", "EP", etc... paper sleeved cd-r's do you ever see?
They are all cd-r's with paper inserts, all could be copied and duplicated but do you ever see one for sale? The only counterfeit cd-r I am aware of ever seeing was a "Squeezing Skull" that was sold on ebay a few years back. But none of the above or countless other Moz and Smiths cd-r's ever come up. Inhouse cd-r's are extremely collectable and rare. A person who is very knowledgeable that no longer post here would be Mikael. Stefan Krix know a lot about inhouse cd-r's as well.
All are still very sought after and only show up for sale once in a blue moon.

Judging by your grammar and manners, you must be a 12 year old child that has nothing better to do than try to cause a ruckus and you obviously have none what so ever or Morrissey and Smiths collectables. And it was I that brought this auction to Solo, I am not the seller so no one is "Schilling"

I just got to say to pay this kind of money for a cheap ass promo CD THAT COULD BE A DUPLICATE since it's a cd-r is insane and a waste of money.

I just got to say to pay this kind of money for a cheap ass promo CD THAT COULD BE A DUPLICATE since it's a cd-r is insane and a waste of money.
And you must not be a serious Smiths or Morrissey collector either and have no knowledge about in house cd-r acetate collectables. So since you don't, why don't you keep your questionable comments to your wee little pea brain you child.

I think it's fair to say that some people may feel this has no value. But to the person who purchases it, it will have tremendous value and not in the monetary sense. I have spent obscene amounts of money for things that I wanted, but it was never about the money that made what I got a value to me. Happy thoughts to the buyer.

I remember looking and looking for the smiths U.K. Cassette single that had what's the world as a bside on it in the late eighties. At that time the only place to hear that song. It doesn't matter what you pay, if you want it and have the money, get it. I got it. Even though that song is available now, its value to me isn't any less.

I actually thought of buying this cd just to post the songs.

Going for over a thousand dollars now. Reckon anyone willing to pay that much must appreciate it is not a fake.

£838.27 WTF does this mean?

Reckon there are a lot of bokes out there that have the money and don't want or need to do the work to find all these songs on YouTube and other places on the internet, because they are out there. Reckon it's like all you lots in Brit tin and Europe who buy Levis 501's for $350.00 and Yankee Caps for $100.00 on-line.

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom