The Smiths - (TQID) Warners 20th anniversary bonus cd of related rarities cd-r on eBay

This will be interesting to watch. First one of these I have ever seen for sale..
The 2006 debunked Warner's Queen Is Dead rarities bonus cd-r. All looks legit to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Smiths-...827907?hash=item1ebe4e6643:g:VZYAAOSwJ7RYW--O

Dexcription:

This is a UNRELEASED internally distributed CD that was prepped and planned as part of a reissue of The Queen is Dead. Unfortunately, the plans for that were scrapped and the songs were never released.

NONE of these UNRELEASED DEMO tracks have ever been released.

Most of these tracks have never been mentioned on Morrissey and Smiths web-forums and I doubt many of these CDs even exist nowadays.

The CD and cover are in impeccable condition. I placed paper over top to prevent counterfeiting of the listing and to cover private information.

This may be your only chance to own one. Feel free to message me with any questions.

39501_39500_s-l16001.jpg

39503_s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesnt matter if these demos get released, This will always be one of only a handful of early reference Cds in existence, no matter how many times these demos end up getting released, reissued, put onto mp3 and so on, this CD remains rare.

Except my point is that these 'rare' cds are just cdr's, and super generic at that. I could make 1000s of counterfeit copies in a week and sell them on ebay too. A spindle of 100 blank cd's are like $15. Black ink cartridge $20. Voila. Is this one geniune? Who knows? This one may sell for $330, but the next 500 that this seller lists on ebay wont cost nearly as much.

If I was the owner of this no frills piece I would make duplicates and keep the original for myself. Especially not if it only sells for $330. I have books worth more than that.

Except my point is that these 'rare' cds are just cdr's, and super generic at that. I could make 1000s of counterfeit copies in a week and sell them on ebay too. A spindle of 100 blank cd's are like $15. Black ink cartridge $20. Voila. Is this one geniune? Who knows? This one may sell for $330, but the next 500 that this seller lists on ebay wont cost nearly as much.

Ok, make me one! While you're at it, make me a No One Can Hold A Candle To You Cd-r and I have Forgiven Jesus. Seriously, What's with the conspiracy theorists crying ''fake'' everytime a new rare item turns up. Show me a case where a smiths / morrissey cd / vinyl has been counterfeited in bulk and sold on ebay? There may be isolated incidents no doubt, but to say this seller will list 500 more of these, is a bit of a stretch.

Ok, make me one! While you're at it, make me a No One Can Hold A Candle To You Cd-r and I have Forgiven Jesus. Seriously, What's with the conspiracy theorists crying ''fake'' everytime a new rare item turns up. Show me a case where a smiths / morrissey cd / vinyl has been counterfeited in bulk and sold on ebay? There may be isolated incidents no doubt, but to say this seller will list 500 more of these, is a bit of a stretch.

OK, so you are either the seller, or naive. He/she may have a legit copy. Seeing the pictures, however, I can tell you with conviction that it would be incredibly easy to make counterfeits, and lots of them. If I had something this rare I wouldnt be selling it if it were genuine. Not for that price. I would make copies and sell fakes. The ownice of authenticity is on the seller, not the buyer.

OK, so you are either the seller, or naive. He/she may have a legit copy. Seeing the pictures, however, I can tell you with conviction that it would be incredibly easy to make counterfeits, and lots of them. If I had something this rare I wouldnt be selling it if it were genuine. Not for that price. I would make copies and sell fakes.

Well that says more about your lack of integrity than the seller . Admitting that you'd make fakes.

I'm conflicted - on the one hand I'd love someone to leak this audio (and once they've sold the CD-R, there is nothing to stop the original seller doing just that) - on the other hand, I'd like all the Smiths rarities to get a proper official release - and at this rate, there's going to be bugger all left in the archives by the time that happens.

I reckon I told you people it's all on YouTube, you just have to spend the time looking for it. I know all you Brits and Euros are desperate, but don't waste your L, stones, or squid. I reckon maybe Morrissey & Marr Productions will do one of their "secret" corporate gigs and Warner "UK" and some of you can spend all night in a sewer and crawl up through the toilet to hear it from the restroom.

Link to them then. Like you failed to do with the other one. You're full of shit, mate.

Either way I'm making a mint out of you fans (and the boss)...

Merry bloody Christmas to you! Ha, ha, haa!

Rodent-Faced Joyce

Of course he knows there is a huge demand for Smiths-rarities and a Smiths-reunion, but he just doesn't want Joyce, Rourke and Johnny getting any profit which is why he has vetoed them so far.

you think? Johnny too ?

I really doubt the winner will leak these we haven't heard yet.
I got the photos that were not blocked out from when the seller posted it at first, took it down and relisted it when he realized he needed to block them out.
As for cd-r's being worthless, how many "Interlude" 3" in-house reference cd-r's, "Ignore Me" Parlophone reference cd-r's, Morrissey "Singles" shelved Parlophone in-house reference 1994 cd-r, "Boy Racer" RCA Victor Boy 1 reference cd-r, "Sunny" Paralophone GB reference cd-r, "Alama Matters" Island 1997 reference cd-r, "Maladjusted" Island F promo cd-r , "Roy's", "Satan", "EP", etc... paper sleeved cd-r's do you ever see?
All are still very sought after and only show up for sale once in a blue moon.

If I was the owner of this no frills piece I would make duplicates and keep the original for myself. Especially not if it only sells for $330. I have books worth more than that.

As for cd-r's being worthless, how many "Interlude" 3" in-house reference cd-r's, "Ignore Me" Parlophone reference cd-r's, Morrissey "Singles" shelved Parlophone in-house reference 1994 cd-r, "Boy Racer" RCA Victor Boy 1 reference cd-r, "Sunny" Paralophone GB reference cd-r, "Alama Matters" Island 1997 reference cd-r, "Maladjusted" Island F promo cd-r , "Roy's", "Satan", "EP", etc... paper sleeved cd-r's do you ever see?
All are still very sought after and only show up for sale once in a blue moon.

I really doubt the winner will leak these we haven't heard yet.

I got the photos that were not blocked out from when the seller posted it at first, took it down and relisted it when he realized he needed to block them out.

I agree with you. DavidK is a troll.. see my reply to his previous post...

Assuming this is a CD-R and not a silver CD, it's not a great investment because even the best quality ones eventually degrade and don't play properly.

Is it legal for the seller to sell this, however obtained?

this looks fishy to me.

Spelling mistakes plus mistitled tracks.

If the seller was such as fan as their seller name indicates they'd know that some of these tracks have already leaked.

And yes this cd once leaked in full will be of little interest

Assuming this is a CD-R and not a silver CD, it's not a great investment because even the best quality ones eventually degrade and don't play properly.

So? Does that mean the No One Can Hold A Candle To You CD-R is not a great investment?

this looks fishy to me.

If the seller was such as fan as their seller name indicates they'd know that some of these tracks have already leaked.

You are wrong. This is genuine.

this looks fishy to me.

Like i said before, the songs being leaked or released officially doesnt make a shit bit of difference to how rare this reference cd is, Forget the content for a second and focus on how rare the disc itself is. Why collect anything at all if the content itself is digitally available online etc. Acetates and test pressings dont become worthless once the song is offically released do they. So why would this cd become worthless?

you think? Johnny too ?
Yes, Johnny too. I think it's the main reason it hasn't come off yet. Moz thinks, and he is half-right, that he is the one who has been promoting The Smiths for the past 29 years and is thus responsible for their ongoing, and increasing popularity. So a 50/50 offer for him and Johnny would never be fair in his eyes.
And he doesn't need the cash like the others do ;-)

So? Does that mean the No One Can Hold A Candle To You CD-R is not a great investment?

Yes, it means that, obviously. Even to the die-hardest of collectors, discs that no longer contain the music are worth less than those that do. So, the value of any CD-R will at some point fall off a cliff.

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom