The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
Yep he's good, but he still can't get HSIN right, can he?
I like Boz, he's a great player, but I wouldn't put him in the 'musical genius' pile...where the likes of Hendrix live...now that was pure genius.
I agree with the Hendrix comment. Boz can play numerous instruments though but has never really found the vehicle

By disastrous solo career, do you mean two albums that have been very well received and very high ticket sales for the tours he has done over the years, plus an appearance at Glastonbury in front of a massive crowd, playing Smiths' songs without butchering them?

All the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: long lost fake pseud trolls are bubbling up to the 'surface':lbf:
nobody went to glasto to watch the Cometic one. Maybe his ususal 100 twats, its not like after glasto he hit 15 ooo seat arenas, he went back to his sucky 100 seaters non sold out mini gigs.:rock:
Every Smiths song he plays its a major butcher, its not even in tune and he plays the dumb guitar with the wrong notes in the wrong places. Smiths songs are not supposed to be sung in Hungarian.:rock:

His albums well received by his tiny fan base of left wing loons.

argumental.jpg

He last played the main room in MSG in 2015, last time it was the Theatre.

Also, Marr has only been properly a solo artist for 5 years whereas Morrissey has been solo for over 30 years.

Morrisseys UK career is over, Marr’s UK career is on the up

Skinny the Theatre is not the main room in MSG dont be a moron.
Its a small theatre in it, and it was 90 percent empty for the Johnny show.
It was an embarrassing occasion.

Yeah, Johnny should insist " Easy Money" and "Hi Hello" be played at any Smiths reunion, they'll bring the house down. Morrissey would play maracas in the background. :rolleyes:

:(
WHAT A DISASTER EUROPEAN ME TOO?doh:

THE WHOLE ARE WILL REQUEST REFUNDS.:swear

Quite how you can mark this as 'Troll' Trill is beyond belief. Shame on you.
I assume the user 'Trill' is an automated algorithm to click Troll against everything with certain other trolls scoped out. Don't worry about it, it's just a bot, a glitch in the system.

Just place them on ignore snoddy.
I originally came here for the music, & still do try for that.
I have to give him credit, FWD is great in that regard whether it's knowledge or sources of music which you might find hard to uncover.
But sadly coming here also brought with it exposure to the dark side of things.
Ying & yang I guess.
Not the experience I was looking for exactly, but at least there are some really good eggs that do visit regularly. The rest, like I say, just block/ignore; easily done. ;)

You are right, of course, & I was just thinking I should do exactly that & recommending all true fans do the same. It would be great to create a space in this cesspool for people who still love Moz. I feel foolish for getting dragged into silly arguments with these hateful morons.

Time to get acquainted with the ignore button & leave the many faces of Peter Finan to chase their own stupid tails.

You are right, of course, & I was just thinking I should do exactly that & recommending all true fans do the same. It would be great to create a space in this cesspool for people who still love Moz. I feel foolish for getting dragged into silly arguments with these hateful morons.

Time to get acquainted with the ignore button & leave the many faces of Peter Finan to chase their own stupid tails.

Good man, wise decision...however tempting it might be to bite back from time to time.

He last played the main room in MSG in 2015, last time it was the Theatre.

Also, Marr has only been properly a solo artist for 5 years whereas Morrissey has been solo for over 30 years.

Morrisseys UK career is over, Marr’s UK career is on the up
London gig = fast sell out, like the last 4

Exactly this, and if PuppetTroll had read Autobiography he'd have a better idea why the current musicians are so average.

Gifted guitarists like Johnny (Mozzer's own words, PuppetTroll) aren't just noticed by fans, they're "poached" by other bands for sessions. Morrissey was possessive, jealous and resentful as all hell about Marr working with anybody else - he described it in terms of 'promiscuity' and betrayal. How does he avoid the same thing happening again? Get a bloke from the Polecats, one from Camden Council and one session player who has built an entire reputation on being embarrassingly bad at his job. Bryan Ferry won't come calling for them any time soon.

at least BOZ knows the correct notes for the Smiths songs and when and where to place them, unlike
DramaJ who has been butchering them constantly onstage. True he is frail and may be affecting his fingers
and wrist but if you cant then dont.o_O
at the very least get the chubby bass player to sing so it can be understood.:lbf:

Boz may not have as many great songs as Alain does with morrissey but the ones he did write are some of the bigger more notable ones. Now my heart is full, the more you ignore me, speedway, lifeguard sleeping, honey you know where to find me, Christian Dior, satan rejected soul, Istanbul, Paris, staircase, mountjoy, I wish you lonely. I put in some of my favs of course and left out I’m sure others preferred songs but that’s a good list of credits in morrissey world. Even on the albums that were divisive his songs tended to be the ones dissenters would pick as highlights. He may not be the most inventive flashy complicated player but he’s a good songwriter and adds a lot of texture with his various instruments

boz ain’t got anything else to do besides sell second hand records in Camden, and Jessie is the tea boy, he’s just happy to be there and make Morrissey a brew. It’s a pathetic band, and as much as Morrissey is slipping, he deffo deserves better backing, but as a few here have already said, he doesn’t want any genuine talent sharing the stage with him.

your BBF, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: couldnt get the notes and chords right on the Smiths songs during this sucky disastrous mini gig tour. he played glasto , the dude with the killers tried to do charity by him and let him onstage and what did he do? he f ed up the notes and chords AGAIN>:bowing:
played the wrong notes in the wrong places.

thats why when the Smiths albums were recorded Moz had to have DramaJ play his dumb :guitar:
over and over until by chance he got it right. it took days for one song to be done.:lbf:

thats why when 'poached' for the sessions it took but a couple of days for him to
get 'unpoached':lbf:

poor knob.:straightface:

WTF? Boz is a musical genius. It’s his boss who is holding him back. I’ve been lucky enough to be in B’s studio and witness him play. It’s unbelievable.

Remember when you posted his phone number as proof you knew him but it wasn’t really his phone number just something else you lied about much like the “autographed collectibles” on your eBay store?

75A73CEE-D73A-4588-AC43-D2180B618DC2.png

445E16A5-AA3E-43CF-8F2F-D51362D32B3A.gif

Clearly this is bollocks. Morrissey has a new album to promote next year. Funny to see Skinny in knots though. If they do reunite Skinny concludes (like a mute oaf) that the motivation for Moz is the money. So what is the motivstion for his beloved Marr one wonders? Is it biscuits?
Smiths is dead long live Morrissey.

Yes, of course. Marr is probably the one calling agents and begging them to get to Moz. Moz is flush, Marr skint.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom