The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
ANYTIME I CAN SEE MORRISSEY AGAIN......IM IN
my favorite lp is easily Strangways which really never got it's own tour. So if this is true, I'm ok as long as MOZ is there.....seeing a show with no Boz would be strange,

I think they'd more or less split at the time of Strangeways.

Your list does rather suggest that Boz went through a purple patch in around 1993/4 which seems to have coincided with Morrissey's best lyrical output. And I think his output does rather pale when compared to Alain's.
yes, but if you list Marr’s best songs they would also coincide with Morrissey’s best lyrical output.

I also slightly prefer Whyte over Boz, but to say Boz is a merely a Polecat who contributes nothing like some of the simpletons here did is just ludicrous.

All 4 original members?
So that is Morrissey, Marr, Hibbert and Wolstenholme.

Just as an aside, have you ever checked Wolstenholme's twitter?....he does these mini vid clips, generally Manchester way, where he talks about The Smiths, his early involvement, meetings, relevant pubs, venues, who said what, when, etc. ...nice bits of nostalgia for fans, old & new.

Clearly this is bollocks. Morrissey has a new album to promote next year. Funny to see Skinny in knots though. If they do reunite Skinny concludes (like a mute oaf) that the motivation for Moz is the money. So what is the motivstion for his beloved Marr one wonders? Is it biscuits?
Smiths is dead long live Morrissey.

Happier times here which I think we ALL, without exception, might enjoy...still lovin' that bassline...wow:

Was the reduction of ticket prices during the last tour, sometimes to under $10, similarly a 'blip?'

I don’t know whether this happened or not, or in what numbers, but it’s not unusual for remaining tickets to be sold off at lower prices at the last minute , either by the promoter or scalpers once they’ve already made a tidy profit/mark up.

The fact remains: Morrissey has fans all over the world who still want to buy his music & attend his concerts, even if a sub-section of his U.K. fans are incapable of thinking for themselves & have been caught up in the passing fad called ‘let’s brand Morrissey a racist’.

The fact remains: Morrissey has fans all over the world who still want to buy his music & attend his concerts
Maybe, but I think we'll see just how many there are when/if he plans his next UK and European tour.

I was in Germany in '84 & remember seeing 'Rockpalast' on German TV...first time I'd ever seen The Smiths. This is another Barbarism begins at home (encore), good focus on Andy on bass.
There was a stage invasion (what else) & I thought wtf is going on here, this is amazing.
My life changed thereafter.
Great memories to cherish.

Time will tell.

Next time he plays a successful tour of the U.K. you’ll simply find a new angle to hate Morrissey from, you predictable dolt.
Well if he does, and it doesn't involve restricting either the size of the venues and/or the number played, then you will be able to claim that you were right all along. But judging by recent evidence I don't think that is going to happen.

I was in Germany in '84 & remember seeing 'Rockpalast' on German TV...first time I'd ever seen The Smiths. This is another Barbarism begins at home (encore), good focus on Andy on bass.
There was a stage invasion (what else) & I thought wtf is going on here, this is amazing.
My life changed thereafter.
Great memories to cherish.

Nice to see someone posting about the music for a change.

If only the repetitive haters would leave this site so that us fans could enjoy celebrating a Morrissey & The Smiths without having to deflect the daily attacks from non-entities with nothing better to do than keep saying the same thing over & over to people who aren’t interested.

Well if he does, and it doesn't involve restricting either the size of the venues and/or the number played, then you will be able to claim that you were right all along. But judging by recent evidence I don't think that is going to happen.

I have no interest in claiming I was right all along; I’ll leave such behaviour to you.

I would, however, prefer it if Morrissey played smaller venues; I’m not really a fan of arenas.

I don't buy this. Why would Marr poison all the goodwill and success he has enjoyed lately, for that?
And why would Morrissey, ever-defensive and desperate to convince the world that he's never been happier solo, sign up for it?

The last time we heard about a "Smiths reunion", it was a mismanaged cash-grab by the rhythm section and ended with Andy claiming total ignorance of the project (probably after getting an earful from Johnny). God knows who or what is behind the latest rumour - unless "The Smiths" are Craig Gannon, Simon Wolstencroft and Kevin Kennedy.

I’m not sure Johnny can make the date, Amy. :mask:

Just place them on ignore snoddy.
I originally came here for the music, & still do try for that.
I have to give him credit, FWD is great in that regard whether it's knowledge or sources of music which you might find hard to uncover.
But sadly coming here also brought with it exposure to the dark side of things.
Ying & yang I guess.
Not the experience I was looking for exactly, but at least there are some really good eggs that do visit regularly. The rest, like I say, just block/ignore; easily done. ;)

boz ain’t got anything else to do besides sell second hand records in Camden, and Jessie is the tea boy, he’s just happy to be there and make Morrissey a brew. It’s a pathetic band, and as much as Morrissey is slipping, he deffo deserves better backing, but as a few here have already said, he doesn’t want any genuine talent sharing the stage with him.
WTF? Boz is a musical genius. It’s his boss who is holding him back. I’ve been lucky enough to be in B’s studio and witness him play. It’s unbelievable.

WTF? Boz is a musical genius. It’s his boss who is holding him back. I’ve been lucky enough to be in B’s studio and witness him play. It’s unbelievable.

Yep he's good, but he still can't get HSIN right, can he?
I like Boz, he's a great player, but I wouldn't put him in the 'musical genius' pile...where the likes of Hendrix live...now that was pure genius.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom