The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Nov 5, 2019.

By davidt on Nov 5, 2019 at 7:30 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
    Related item:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 10
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Troll Troll x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Nov 5, 2019.

1. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      What if I eat Morrissey's testicles? Maybe he'd like that.

Ok, I'll stop. Sorry.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      *Smiths are dead
    3. bhops
      bhops
      I guess somewhere in the world someone thinks it's April 1st.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      3B25072D-0442-4F43-B964-B48F5842F858.jpeg
      • Like Like x 4
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Just got my tickets! Front row! Yes!
      • Funny Funny x 2
    6. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      Johnny Marr has been irrelevant since 1987. You can find thousands of better guitar players, who can play a diversity of styles. Marr could never afford Moz current band.

Moz clears more cash selling the Hollywood Bowl on his own and doesnt have to split the profits with the ingrate Johnny "I Jumped the Shark" Marr.
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    7. From the Lone Star State
      From the Lone Star State
      If this were to happen it would be a genius move on the part of Morrissey’s management. What better way to rid him of the negative publicity than by revisiting the genius of Morrissey/Marr. It’s a crazy world we live in right now, so why can’t the Smiths reunite at Coachella and then tour after?
    8. rifke
      rifke
      but you'd "be there like a shot", right?
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    9. mcrickson
      mcrickson
      Because it'd be a terrible move on the part of Marr's management?
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    10. rifke
      rifke
      the kind of awful people who must go to Coachella don't deserve that
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      And yet, for some reason Morrissey manages to avoid these thousands of better guitar players and saddles himself with people like Boz (bog-standard pub-band level strummer) and Jesse (a fucking embaressment to guitar players everywhere). I genuinly think he doesn't want anyone that talented on the stage alongside him, and is scared of anyone else getting any attention. Faceless nobodies out back, and His Majesty's Voice out front, being worshipped by the adoring fans. I can't see Morrissey willing to step back into a genuine equal band partnership again - his ego wouldn't allow it, not even for an enormous payout.
      • Like Like x 12
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Dying in a ditch, eating your own testicles. If you're a true cunt you'll say anything.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Does everyone on here who’s felching for Melvin have two monikers? The desperation is palpable.

Back up the hole with you, Vegan Shit-splat.

You’ve never bought an album, or attended a show by anyone in your life.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Troll Troll x 1
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Any reunion tour would last right up until Johnny goes into his dressing room on opening night, and discovers that Morrissey expects to dictate his choice of stage-wear each night, and has opted for a pair of bollock-squeezing speedos with 'Britain First' written across his chest in marker pen.
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    15. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      Johnny Marr could not afford either Boz or Jessie, both are out of his class.
      Step back? Johnny Marr was Moz sidekick. He always been a sidekick until this disastrous recent 'solo' career.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    16. vegan cro spirit 555
      vegan cro spirit 555
      WTF?????????????:rage:

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: MANAGEMENT?????????? o_O
      must have meant the Missus.:bride:, thats DramaJ mgmt FFS:lbf:
      (WAS his mgmt:()

the Dramatic One has been irrelevant for decades:rock:
      Moz closed up the handout office back in 1987.:thumb:

No more easy money for the 3 lawnmowers while Moz does all the work.:cool:
    17. vegan cro spirit 555
      vegan cro spirit 555
      Genius??????? :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:???????:crazy:

is this DramaJ mgmt? (the Missus:lbf:)
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Right, during Johnny's appearances at Glastonbury with the Killers and his own set, he probably played for more people in one day than Moz did his whole tour. Not to mention the 3 million plus YouTube views for those appearances.

The one having the disastrous solo career is the Mozzer. Can you read?
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Never say never.... The Eagles also said they would reunite when "hell freezes over"... the Van Halen brothers reunited with Diamond Dave decades after they broke up... Bauhaus just reunited for a few gigs... if the money is right, the fish will bite!
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
    20. vegan cro spirit 555
      vegan cro spirit 555
      Melvis the Pizza Pop is a :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: butt boy.doh: Figures.:sweet:

Skinny Surface why are you so worried if I bought an album or not? All you pseuds are
      always with the same thing. I got standards enough not to buy sucko DramaJ albums :highfive: