The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
That’s what’s kinda laughable. Everytime I post something on solo, I get accused of being UnkleSkinny. I agree with him. But I am not him!
Say what you will about him, but he kinda runs the shop here.

Does not matter what came first, the song is based on Morrisseys lyrics and melodies.

Look at it another way. Take any of Johnny Marrs terrible 'solo' songs. How about Easy Money. Terrible lyrics no melody. Ok, take off the lyrics and ignore the melody, how about the 'music'? Terrible as well. All of Johnny Marr's 'songs' follow this pattern.

Nobody is denying that Marr has some shitty solo songs - the Boomslang album was woeful - but claiming that he can't play guitar or that other musicians play his own music better than he does is just taking the piss. Plenty of Morrissey songs are dirges with abysmal lyrics AND music, stuff that even his vocal abilities can't save - People are the Same Everywhere, The Kid's A Looker (laaaa laa, la la la laaaa-laaaa) - the worst f***ing things he's ever put to record.

The vast majority of Morrissey's solo career consists of him - by virtue of his voice, melody and lyrics - making the most plodding, pedestrian backing into memorable songs. Johnny gave him ready-made soundscapes that were brilliant to start with and he made them even better.

That’s what’s kinda laughable. Everytime I post something on solo, I get accused of being UnkleSkinny. I agree with him. But I am not him!
Say what you will about him, but he kinda runs the shop here.

Everybody knows you run the shop here Skinny, its not a top double knot secret.:lbf:

I don’t think we can ever take you seriously either.
Was it York or Leeds 2011, you on the train playing the super fan with your grand gig total of 2, trying to teach people to sing ? :crazy::lbf::lbf::lbf:

What a moment that was. :guitar::straightface:

Huh? I can't sing to save my life - let alone teach a train full of others. Did you stalk my posts, check my location and guess the rest? :lbf:

Moz should tell Johnny that they have to open with Work Is A Four Letter Word.

DramaJ would never figure out how to play the Moz songs. He play the backing of one of those sucko comet songs to Paris or Spend the Day in bed. It would be another DramaJ musical cluster.:mad:

Huh? I can't sing to save my life - let alone teach a train full of others. Did you stalk my posts, check my location and guess the rest? :lbf:

Not knowing how to sing never stopped your idol :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cant see it would stop your
off key monotone train performance.:nogood:

what song was it?:ahhh:

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

"Best git it off your chest now,... we may never see each other again."

Oh, it did. Holding court you were whilst wolfing 2 bk flame grills down.

:lbf: Where did I get them, on the train? Flame grills on the Transpennine Express...only in my dreams.:(

WTF? Boz is a musical genius. It’s his boss who is holding him back. I’ve been lucky enough to be in B’s studio and witness him play. It’s unbelievable.

This is undoubtedly true. Boz and Alain were and are very under-rated. M never gives Alain credit for writing a string of incredible songs and the impression I always got was that Alain loved playing music but wasn't the kind of compliant pushover Moz would have preferred. Boz is a very talented player who I think has reined in his style to best compliment Moz's vision.

dunno if anyone’s shared this yet.

credit jo cooper for the share via the smiths & Morrissey rarities

9C43DD74-450B-4BE2-AD9C-E85A0FA59709.jpeg

dunno if anyone’s shared this yet.

credit jo cooper for the share via the smiths & Morrissey rarities

View attachment 53390

Perfecto ...The new line-up ? Johnny Marr lead guitar...Nigel Farage...rythum guitar.....Edward Snowden.....bass guitar.....M.J. drums, for total madness and mayhem...Fisticuffs outside venues, The Jack Flying, beer monsters set lose on streets, water bottles and bricks flying in the venues, random fires, explosions, drones...on and on.. ect...ect....
And.....Chelsea Manning as the James Maker prancer dancer and fluffer for M.J. Andy and Craig are still about to fill in, incase of justifiable homicides.
Oh ya....Morrissey.... Safer..at home..inside...Writing his newest tune, "Locked and Loaded." One sight of M.J. on stage ?.....Morrissey releases the hounds !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom