The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
I will eat my beret if Joyce is involved. He jilted Moz and took his money. In his world that's unforgivable.

What I can see happening is Moz doing an almighty volte-face, renouncing his current position on various political issues, in order to sell tickets and keep that moolah rolling in.

I told you before - it's all about the money - always has been, still is.

probably the tour with:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and the other lawnmowers.:haircut:
a tour of bedsits.:bow:

I will eat my beret if Joyce is involved. He jilted Moz and took his money. In his world that's unforgivable.

What I can see happening is Moz doing an almighty volte-face, renouncing his current position on various political issues, in order to sell tickets and keep that moolah rolling in.

the man who is always wrong. Always liked to think you’re “in the know” - couldn’t be further from the truth.
One day you maybe right, as a blind squirrel will eventually find an acorn, but not you.
Not a chance.

What happened, did Moz eat his own testicles already?

Would be interesting on many levels for sure - but I still put the odds at 20% or less.

Would the audience miss the World Peace/Munich Air/If You Don’t Like Me/Bullfighter stretch?

Would be interesting on many levels for sure - but I still put the odds at 20% or less.

Would the audience miss the World Peace/Munich Air/If You Don’t Like Me/Bullfighter stretch?

It's actually a stipulation of the tour that the Smiths have to play those songs along with Smiths material.

Live Nation! Live Nation! My Heart's lighthouse!

This is sooo not going to happen, but can you imagine the fun if it did? The backstage tensions... the strops, sulks and whining... the political hand grenades and promotional self-sabotage... the inexplicable cancellations... the terrible SER tour artwork... Stick a camera crew backstage and it would be the movie of the year. Decade, actually.

It's happening, but the band is reforming with a new singer - Billy Bragg.

I don't buy this. Why would Marr poison all the goodwill and success he has enjoyed lately, for that?
And why would Morrissey, ever-defensive and desperate to convince the world that he's never been happier solo, sign up for it?

The last time we heard about a "Smiths reunion", it was a mismanaged cash-grab by the rhythm section and ended with Andy claiming total ignorance of the project (probably after getting an earful from Johnny). God knows who or what is behind the latest rumour - unless "The Smiths" are Craig Gannon, Simon Wolstencroft and Kevin Kennedy.

Is it forgivable in yours?

Still at it with this 'jilted' nonsense? Mike's doing "An Audience with...." type event in Leeds on Saturday, I might ask him myself and put an end to it :lbf:

https://www.leedsinspired.co.uk/events/evening-mike-joyce-smiths

Morrissey will never be on the same stage with Johnny Marr. He has never even allowed him a guest spot. Marr guests with everyone BUT Morrissey, who bars him from his stage.

Morrissey will never be on the same stage with Johnny Marr. He has never even allowed him a guest spot. Marr guests with everyone BUT Morrissey, who bars him from his stage.

That's because Marr would show everyone what a mediocre band Moz has assembled around him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom