The Smiths: The Queen Is Live

Gazoinks

2jzgc2.png

I bring you one more album. This time, it's The Queen Is Dead made out of live tracks. I tried to find the highest quality and best sounding recordings to make this album out of.

Tracklist (This should really go without saying):
1. The Queen Is Dead
2. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
3. I Know It's Over
4. Never Had No One Ever
5. Cemetry Gates
6. Bigmouth Strikes Again
7. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
8. Vicar In A Tutu
9. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
10. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

As an added bonus, it contains videos (in mp4 form) of the performances that the tracks were taken from. Download here and download the rest of the videos here.

Cheerio! :guitar:

Last edited:
I don't usually bother with live bootlegs or anything like that, but between the pun, the artwork and the general concept, I couldn't resist downloading this. I look forward to listening to it - thanks for your efforts.

Thanks this is really great. Please can you tell me the gig 'I know it's over' is taken from? Also if anyone out there knows, how many times was this song played live? I've only got one live bootleg version of this excellent song

Thanks for the comments, guys. I've uploaded an improved version of the album:
-Higher volume (maybe a bit too high, but better too high than too low)
-Fade outs at the end of songs (after the song is over, while the crowd cheers. So they don't cut off so suddenly)
-Removed Moz's introducing Ask in There Is A Light and Vicar.

Redownload from the links in the first post. Enjoy!

Last edited:
thanks for the comments, guys. I've uploaded an improved version of the album:
-higher volume (maybe a bit too high, but better too high than too low)
-fade outs at the end of songs (after the song is over, while the crowd cheers. So they don't cut off so suddenly)
-removed moz's introducing ask in there is a light and vicar.

sublime!!!!!thank you

If you like this sort of stuff, SNS22 (where did he go?) did a similar thing a few years back - all Smiths and Moz albums recreated with best quality live versions http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72832

Most (but not all) of the links are still working.

Dave

Thanks for the comments, guys. I've uploaded an improved version of the album:
-Higher volume (maybe a bit too high, but better too high than too low)
-Fade outs at the end of songs (after the song is over, while the crowd cheers. So they don't cut off so suddenly)
-Removed Moz's introducing Ask in There Is A Light and Vicar.

Why remove Moz intoducing ASK it is an highlight..

Mr. Shankly was recorded in The National Ballroom, Kilburn 1986. It was one of the recordings that didn't make it onto Rank.
Never knew the sound was that good from that show....impressive...any chance of an upload?

Check out this link. It has 3 more tracks than Rank: Mr. Shankly, How Soon Is Now? (fantastic version of this song, btw), and There Is A Light. I'm not sure whether that's the whole concert or not. If not, I'm sure someone around here can help you. I actually downloaded the versions I used in this album from Youtube though.

Check out this link. It has 3 more tracks than Rank: Mr. Shankly, How Soon Is Now? (fantastic version of this song, btw), and There Is A Light. I'm not sure whether that's the whole concert or not. If not, I'm sure someone around here can help you. I actually downloaded the versions I used in this album from Youtube though.

Sweet..thank you

Tags
compilation dead live queen smiths
Back
Top Bottom