The Smiths - The Best British Band Of All Time? - God Is In The TV

The Smiths - The Best British Band Of All Time? - God Is In The TV
By Loz Etheridge

Excerpt:

Morrissey cuts a more controversial figure than ever these days, now well past the point where anyone could feasibly even attempt to defend his offensive comments or totally unacceptable views. He has been reported as having said some truly shocking things in recent years, which none of us in our right minds would ever condone. To that end, for the sake of this article, I would like you to imagine, difficult as it may be, that after The Smiths split up there was nothing but an eerie silence, at least from one quarter of Manchester’s favourite sons.

Instead, let’s go back to a happier time – a simpler time when we found ourselves punching the air in delight at the lyrical genius of ‘Mozzer’, marvelling at the seemingly very intelligent, eloquent but shy, gangly individual who was brightening the lives of society’s outsiders, and, indeed, sometimes even playing a part in some of those kids’ minds that hey, maybe life isn’t so bad after all – I’m NOT ALONE.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.. but these legends are.
2ee7e28761891c8a2ecdd89937b6c6fe.jpg

Shite opening paragraph full of lies, gave up at that point.
Bill isnt the brightest beam.
He once spoke to Martian from Gene, over the phone.
and thought he sounded and acted. Like moz. Of course anyone who knows anything about both, who has met both, know they are utterly different. I tended to think this summed Bill up he believes the music press lies.

Best British band.. Nah
Beatles, stones, kinks, the who, led zeppelin and Maybw even the jam

Bill isnt the brightest beam.
He once spoke to Martian from Gene, over the phone.
and thought he sounded and acted. Like moz. Of course anyone who knows anything about both, who has met both, know they are utterly different. I tended to think this summed Bill up he believes the music press lies.

Best British band.. Nah
Beatles, stones, kinks, the who, led zeppelin and Maybw even the jam
Martian?

I'm glad I never bothered clicking on the link if that's another hack who can't be bothered researching the offensive comments & unacceptable views.

Idiot.

The greatest band of all time ..... is
The Thompson twins...😂😂😂😂😂

Excerpt:

“Morrissey cuts a more controversial figure than ever these days:unsure:,

now well past the point where anyone :lbf:

could feasibly even attempt to defend
his offensive comments :ahhh:

or totally unacceptable views:drama:.

He has been reported as having said some truly shocking things in recent years:fearscream:,

which none of us in our right minds would ever condone:laughing:.”

As Marr would say....

Get a grip.

:cool:

I reckon you delusiounal idiouts wiull neveur geut it eveun afteur aell theuse yeaurs. You caunt eveun thiunk of anyuthing originaul for yourseulf. You hauve to coupy aund steaul everyuthing froum the USA c*** tit twat innn nn n nn nn n nnn nn n it.
"Manchester’s favourite sons" :crazy:

cal son.jpg

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The funny thing is/was.........all those people disgusted by Moz's opinions on ere....stuff.......they all revelled in his imagery of a 60's/70's England and yet want to destroy it. Hypocritical arsey-holes.

No. The best british band of all time is The Beatles.

It might come to some debate as to which band in its expression of words, music and visual presentation is the most British.

So now folks, let’s ask the question again....

Who is the best British band of all time ?

It’s a tricky question really.... who is the greatest British band?
You would think the Beatles as they kicked it all off.... Then every lad in the land bought a guitar, so many bands wanting to be the Beatles.... if I remember correctly The Smiths were voted most influential band in1999, 2000, in NME... as we know a host of other bands came after, like what happened with the Beatles..... but I would, through gritted teeth have to say the Beatles......... Definitely not New 4kin order😢😢😢😢

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom