The Smiths Studio Albums - Remastered and Re-released by Rhino UK on Vinyl

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
Rhino UK is pleased to announce the launch of "Vinyl Plus+", with the re-issue of the four Classic studio albums by The Smiths; 'The Smiths' (1984), 'Meat Is Murder' (85), 'The Queen Is Dead' (86) and 'Strangeways Here We Come' (87). All feature newly re-mastered audio by Frank Arkwright (overseen by Johnny Marr, no less) & the original sleeves, (a gatefold in the case of 'The Queen Is Dead'), labels & original inner bags, pressed on high-quality 180 gram vinyl. In addition, each comes with a unique redemption code enabling customers to download the complete album as MP3 files.

Release date is Monday July 6th 2009.

Get your cash ready people!

Last edited:
Fantastic.

Will surely NOT be purchasing those.

I might download them, just to hear the remaster. I doubt it'll change anything significantly.

One has to assume CD versions will follow, as with the recent 7 inch vinyl box set about to be released on CD.

I wonder why they aren't putting out Hatful of Hollow or World Won't Listen; being saved for a later round of reissue, I suppose.

I can't imagine they won't, at some point, remaster/reissue Hatful of Hollow, if only to further line pockets.

What sounds woeful and in need of a remaster/cleaning up are the cd pressings. Though with that said, I have the Japanese cds and I can't imagine a remaster would sound much better than they do.

I wonder why they aren't putting out Hatful of Hollow or World Won't Listen; being saved for a later round of reissue, I suppose.

Oh yes, all in its own time. We will get everything we may desire...
Cheers Moz

I ll try and buy them locally : if they are too expensive ( last year i paid the vinyl box set 80 euro while with the exchange rate now, weak pound, i could have bought it for half nearly through the web...) I shall buy from Rhino. I got The Singles Box and its packaging was excellent.
Cheers Moz

Unless they're going to include some bonus or rare tracks to these, really, what's the point?

Vinyl is seeing a rather explosive resurgence right now. The Smiths vinyl catalog has been out of print for 20 years. Many younger people I know don't even buy cd's any more; it's either vinyl or download. Now that many labels are releasing high quality, 180g virgin vinyl pressings with coupons for free downloads (or in some cases a cd copy as well), it makes the purchasing of cds seem increasingly less attractive.

Anyone who has at least one piece of Smiths/Moz vinyl can attest to the notion that Morrissey spent a lot of time on the presentation, a presentation that becomes neutered when dealing with a cd's 5" format, and infinitely more so with an MP3 download.

The Smiths album covers are very attractive, when you have them on vinyl is just brilliant. The cd is far too small, you cannot get the full picture of it...
Cheers Moz

Only 3 days after its releases , 2 out of 4 album are already out of stock on HMV website....How come?
Cheers Moz

Back
Top Bottom