The Smiths - Rare Tracks double lp bootleg question

scabbycoco

Hi!

I'm expecting this gem in the mail very soon, and I'm wondering what exactly is on the second record, it is listed as follow on discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/Smiths-Rare-Tracks/release/5164961

BBC Sessions
Kid Jensen - 26th June 1983
A1 These Things Take Time
A2 Youve Got Everthing Now
A3 Wonderful Woman
Kid Jensen - 2th Aug 83
A4 Accept Your
A5 I Dont Owe You Anything
B1 Pretty Girls Make Graves
B2 Still
Earsay BBC TV - 31st March 84
B3 Heaven Knows Im Miserable Now
Splat BBC TV - April 4th 84
B4 Jeane
Featuring – Johnny Marr, Sandie Shaw
Saturday Live - 14th April 84
B5 I Dont Owe You Anything
Featuring – Sandie Shaw

Rare Vinyl Session
C1 Accept Yourself
C2 Work Is A Four Letter World
C3 I Keep Mine Hidden
C4 Handsome Devil
C5 Nowhere Fast
C6 What She Said
D1 Stretch Out And Wait
D2 Shakespeares Sister
D3 Meat Is Murder
D4 Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
D5 Rushholme Ruffians
D6 Willian It Was Really Nothing
D7 Hand In Glove
Featuring – Sandie Shaw

Any idea what's behind "Rare vinyl session"? This bootleg is not listed on passionsjustlikemine....

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

I would imagine that they are predominately B-sides which (at one time) had not made it on to any Smiths' compilation albums.

Looking at them in order we have:

C1 Accept Yourself - B-side of 'This Charming Man' 12" single

C2 Work Is A Four Letter World
C3 I Keep Mine Hidden - B-sides of 'Girlfriend In A Coma' 12" single (B-side of the 7" has just an edit of 'Work Is...'

C4 Handsome Devil - (live) B-side of 'Hand In Glove' 7" single

C5 Nowhere Fast - (live) B-side of 'The Headmaster Ritual' Dutch 12" single & 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' 12"
C6 What She Said - (live) Track from NME Poll Winners 7" EP
D1 Stretch Out And Wait - (live) B-side of 'The Headmaster Ritual' Dutch 12" single & 'That Joke....' 12"
D2 Shakespeares Sister - (live) B-side of 'The Headmaster Ritual' Dutch 12" single & 'That Joke......' 12"
D3 Meat Is Murder - (live) B-side of 'The Headmaster Ritual' Dutch 12" single & 'That Joke....' 7" & 12" single

D4 Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - (live) B-side of 'I Started Something.....' 12" single

D5 Rushholme Ruffians - B-side of 'Last Night I Dreamt....' 7" & 12" & CD single
D6 William It Was Really Nothing - B-sides of 'Last Night I Dreamt....' CD single

D7 Hand In Glove
Featuring – Sandie Shaw - A-side of Sandie Shaw's 7" & 12" single recorded with The Smiths.

I suppose that it is possible that C6 'What She Said' & D1 'Stretch Out And Wait' could feasibly be the B-sides of 'Shakespeare's Sister 12' single but that hardly qualifies them as "rare vinyl".

Lastly, I had better put in a disclaimer here, stating that all I've said above could just be a load of bollocks! ;-)

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply GMS!!!

So it looks like it's nothing really that rare at all hahaha!

I'll tell you when it gets in my hands :)

I'll be interested to know the quality of The Kid Jensen session versions of 'Wonderful Woman' & 'I Don't Owe You Anything'. I think the entire Smiths listening community is yearning for an upgrade in the sound quality of those two recordings......

I'll be interested to know the quality of The Kid Jensen session versions of 'Wonderful Woman' & 'I Don't Owe You Anything'. I think the entire Smiths listening community is yearning for an upgrade in the sound quality of those two recordings......

Yes, would love to know if that Wonderful Woman is good quality. GMS, we have a good version of I Don't Owe You Anything from Soundsville Paul here.

Back
Top Bottom