THE SMITHS(onian) Museum and Theatre

Stephen sends the link:

THE SMITHS(onian) Museum and Theatre

Mission Statement
THE SMITHS(onian) Museum and Theatre, Inc. is a non-profit organization that exists to illustrate and preserve the history and sociocultural significance of English rock band, The Smiths. This mission is fulfilled through the passionate and creative presentation of archives, artefacts, and the art of live performance.

THE SMITHS(onian) Musuem and Theatre will be constructed in a TBD location within Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles was chosen in part because of the abundance of Smiths enthusiasts currently residing in the area; It is home to the annual Smiths/Morrissey Convention, which this year was attended by 2300 guests on a Sunday evening from 6pm til 2am! Additionally, the weather is ideal to accommodate some very special and unique surprises we have in store for you all!

the-smithsonian-website-logo-1024x640.png

I cannot support it with that name. Sorry. It's terrible.

I like the name. Makes it sound like a government backed institution rather than a privately owned tourist attraction.

Thank you RB! And you are correct, we are registered with the United States government and the State of California as THE SMITHS(onian) Museum and Theatre, Inc. In addition, last month we were recognized as a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization and now have full non-profit status!
This will certainly not be a privately owned tourist attraction :)

Thank you RB! And you are correct, we are registered with the United States government and the State of California as THE SMITHS(onian) Museum and Theatre, Inc. In addition, last month we were recognized as a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization and now have full non-profit status!
This will certainly not be a privately owned tourist attraction :)

Thanks for the info. And good luck with the project. :)

When are these "Smiths Conventions" held? Is it the same time every year (month, date?)

It's time to make an annual travel to Los Angeles for these Conventions. Texas is boring and the Moz / Smithhs fans are hiding away.

Can anyone give me details about this, the future or the past ones? What goes on there?

When are these "Smiths Conventions" held? Is it the same time every year (month, date?)

It's time to make an annual travel to Los Angeles for these Conventions. Texas is boring and the Moz / Smithhs fans are hiding away.

Can anyone give me details about this, the future or the past ones? What goes on there?

The last one was April 28th of this year in Hollywood at The Avalon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom