The Smiths on Transformers 2

CeciDeMorrissey

Steven Patrick I Love You
I'm in the movies seeing Transformers 2 and on the first 5 or ten minutes there's a fire and a chaos scene in Sam Witwicky's house and he starts running like crazy and at one point behind him while he runs there's a big Smiths poster on the wall, white background, black letters, I just could see the pic on it but I think it's Meat is Murder. Only that made my coming to see the movie worth it. I just wish movie directors used Smiths or Morrissey songs as often as they use DBowie's. I'm fed up with Bowie worshipping on the big screen. It's time for Morrissey :)
:D

I saw the movie yesterday and I came home really eager to tell you guys about the wonderful Smiths poster in the movie. I came home and saw that saw that it was already known and it was posted on the main page... :(

i wanted to be first

And does anyone remember that Shia Lebeouf was another guest the day Morrissey did Letterman two years ago? Is this a coincidence?

Uh. Jesus, I need a life.

I went through the 2 first pages of the General Discussion forum and I didn't see anything related. The movie just opened here on Thursday and I just saw it an hour ago. Thought it would put a smile on you... That's all.

Ah, it wasn't a thread... That's why.

Last edited:
Well that got me thinking, can we make a list of all Smiths/Moz references in Film?

apart from Transformers 2, I have:

La science des rêves - Smiths Poster
Mysterious Skin - Morrissey poster
The bubble - morrissey t-shirt/ Smiths & Moz references
Closer - Smiths music
This is England - Smiths music
The History Boys - Smiths music
Forgetting Sara Marshall - Smiths music
500 days of Summer - Smiths rerefences and music

any other?

Now that I think about it, I don't think I remember any Moz Solo music being used in film - that should be changed! :guitar:

Well that got me thinking, can we make a list of all Smiths/Moz references in Film?

Mysterious Skin - Morrissey poster
The bubble - morrissey t-shirt/ Smiths & Moz references
Closer - Smiths music
This is England - Smiths music
The History Boys - Smiths music
Forgetting Sara Marshall - Smiths music
500 days of Summer - Smiths rerefences and music

any other?

Now that I think about it, I don't think I remember any Moz Solo music being used in film - that should be changed! :guitar:

Mama's Boy!

Last edited by a moderator:
And does anyone remember that Shia Lebeouf was another guest the day Morrissey did Letterman two years ago? Is this a coincidence?

Uh. Jesus, I need a life.

I saw the poster when I was in the cinema and was stupidly pleased, then I recalled this very fact. I also thought good lord, I need a life.
Then was again stupidly pleased. :D

Im surprised to see "Meat is Murder" poster too. :thumb:

I saw it just a few weeks ago and don't remember the Smitsh poster. I shall watch it again. Closer was amazing with How Soon in Now playing in the strip club. :D

Also, in the Science of Sleep.

normal_vlcsnap-3318284.png

Back
Top Bottom