The Smiths: My Story – An Evening with Mike Joyce (Wolverhampton, July 28, 2017)

The Smiths: My Story – An Evening with Mike Joyce - Light House

40275_Mike-Joyce-Event-Web.jpg

A rare chance to hear the story of Mike Joyce, drummer of legendary band The Smiths, on his first visit to Light House.

After the audience event with Mike live in cinema one, we will have an after show party featuring Mike as a guest DJ, with local comedian / Smiths DJ Andrew McBurney.

Event Timings
Lock Works bar open all day pre-event.

8.30 – 9.30pm
Mike Joyce – his story, live in Cinema One.

9.30pm – late
After show party featuring DJ spot from Mike Joyce plus Andrew McBurney’s Smiths Disco

Late bar in Lock Works.

Do you have a question for Mike? Submit it to [email protected] and we’ll send the best through to him.

We can’t wait to welcome Mike and a legion of fans to Light House.

PLACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED so early booking is advised.

Tickets are £20 and available on the blue link to our online booking system on the right, or by calling 01902 716 055 between 9am and 9pm. If the link is not showing, just give us a call.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be hilarious.
"There I was, weaseling about the soot greased Manchester streets upon streets upon streets upon streets living a simple hardscrabble life of dole handouts, like a greedy syphilitic caveman or some kind of baboon, destined to go nowhere, be no one, and do utterly nothing at all in my worthless life, until the day that it all changed in a heartbeat when I met Johnny and Morrissey who offered me 10% of the take, chiseled in stone, as plain as the freckle on Jobriath's left arse cheek and in no uncertain terms."
:lbf: :thumb:
hey, that's not bad! Maybe you should do it? Still need a job don't ya?

:ghost::pencil::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: ?

I'll wait for his autobiography, if there is ever going to be one.
But not if he gives all the details away here.
Maybe he won't and there will be an autobiography too.
Probably with a ghostwriter. :rolleyes:

" A gentle tone of kindness
Or written words on paper
- can you write? "

The Smiths story being exploited so much now and there is no end.
Andy Rourke should do the same.
Can we think up any other person who can write and supposedly was in the neighborhood for more then 3 minutes?
I'd love to hear from Rourke and Joyce. Their input would be infinitely superior to the pap posted by most of the Moz-nob-gobblers round these here parts. As to the "3 minutes" question? Morrissey's mom could probabl shed some light on why her boy became such a twat. I hear they're still close.

You all are way to hard on Mike.

What did he do. He played like no one else would've played on every Smiths record.

The band broke up and he realized he and his friend were broke while the other two were comfortable.

Mike and Andy then went on to record for Sinead O'Connor's Lion and the Cobra LP. Mike wouldn't have been asked if the producer didn't think he was up to the task.

Every time I've been in a band, I've enforced the Paul Heaton rule.

Every person in the band is equal.

Then again, I'm not Marr or Morrissey.

I want to know about the Sinead year(s) I have never really heard much about it.
"What was it like working with Sinead?" is my question.

What do you want to know ? Because I was her personal hair stylist during those years. It was an easy job, to say the least. ;)

1. Because he went to court and lied.

2. He went to court and lied

3. He went to court and lied.

4. He ruined the musical legacy of one of the Greatest UK Band's EVER.

5. He ruined the legacy of the greatest song writing partnership THE WORLD has ever seen (after Leiber and Stoller.)

6. And - AFTER ALL THAT - MJ now repairs lawnmowers for funds, having exhausted the UK's Legal Aid Fund.

You really do not know anything

5. He ruined the legacy of the greatest song writing partnership THE WORLD has ever seen (after Leiber and Stoller.)

6. And - AFTER ALL THAT - MJ now repairs lawnmowers for funds, having exhausted the UK's Legal Aid Fund.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/devious-truculent-and-unreliable-1314122.html

Tell it to the judge, jackass. Morrissey tried and failed. TWICE.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

courts, laws, lies, etc....

And still...

MORRISSEY HAS WON.
:rock:

Are you referring to the corrupt judge and the corrupt legal system influenced by a corrupt c*** queen?

No, the judge formed his view after reviewing all the evidence, the legal system in the UK is not corrupt and the Queen who is not a c***, had absolutely nothing to do with the verdict.

You do realise that his appeal was thrown out as well I take it.

A 1996 High Court ruling found that Morrissey and co-founder Marr had short-changed their fellow members. The judge branded Morrissey as "devious, truculent and unreliable", whereas he considered Joyce and Rourke, were "straightforward and honest" though "unintellectual and not financially sophisticated."

Three Law Lords dismissed Morrissey's attempt to appeal against the1996 ruling. Marr was not involved in this appeal.

Marr was not involved in this appeal.

But Marr was involved in the contract that stipulated that The Smiths were, in fact, Morrissey and Marr ONLY.

Marr is an asshole. The Queen IS a c***. The Three Law Lords can go f*** themselves. Joyce is a leech and the fact remains, he will never play in The Smiths ever again. The UK legal system IS corrupt AND a joke and so is your husband.

But Marr was involved in the contract that stipulated that The Smiths were, in fact, Morrissey and Marr ONLY.

Marr is an asshole. The Queen IS a c***. The Three Law Lords can go f*** themselves. Joyce is a leech and the fact remains, he will never play in The Smiths ever again. The UK legal system IS corrupt AND a joke and so is your husband.

Ah ok, so looks like you have anger management issues -you can get therapy for that.

Stop distracting from the point.

I guess the therapy has already been started without consulting you first. Don't pay the bill.
Who is the CEO angermanagent?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom