The Smiths "Musically Speaking"

Well I suppose it is that time of the year...
I have put together this 9 track compilation spanning their entire career.
There is a twist though, these are The Smiths as you have never heard them before.
And I promise you one or two surprises too. :)

So turn off the lights, get your headphones on and enjoy!

Smiths.zip

Here is the cover I made for it...

15pjs5t.jpg

Happy Xmas to one and all!

Thank you again IR.!!
Fantastic!
A Very Nice Christmas to you !!

Thanks a lot IR!!!!

A real Christmas present!

could I beg a favor from you please. my computer says the web site you used to share your smiths music is unsafe and is blocked by smartscreen filter. could you please send this throu another download site please.
I usually get good results from https://wetransfer.com/
I would really appreciate it and would love to here what you shared
happy holidays
Michael/drifter

could I beg a favor from you please. my computer says the web site you used to share your smiths music is unsafe and is blocked by smartscreen filter. could you please send this throu another download site please.
I usually get good results from https://wetransfer.com/
I would really appreciate it and would love to here what you shared
happy holidays
Michael/drifter

Send me a PM with e-mail and I'll send them to you if you like

By the way, I don't know if anyone else has noticed - the simple guitar part on this QID version - you can almost transpose "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby' over the top of it. Sounds to me like they have similar origins.

*UPDATE*

Someone kindly made one other instrumental track available tonight, it is fan made so you can still hear very faint traces of Morrissey's vocals in it.
Still, I believe it is worthy of inclusion in this compilation, so I have edited and re-uploaded the zip.file here... Smiths.zip

By the way, I don't know if anyone else has noticed - the simple guitar part on this QID version - you can almost transpose "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby' over the top of it. Sounds to me like they have similar origins.

No, I didn't until now.
But even without hearing this specific version I hear a resemblance, now you mentioned it. It's not easy to point out exactly what it is.
Same rhythm? Same vibe? Whatever that may be.
Thanks for noticing.

I like to stumble on these (more or less) similarities in the rich oeuvre of The Smiths and Moz.
After listening to Oboe Concerto four times or more I sensed there was a resemblance with Death Of A Disco Dancer. Again, I can't really tell in words what those are.
Do you, or anyone else have that same " feeling " ?
Maybe this deserves a thread on it's own, also about other songs (only Smiths and Moz related of course) but unfortunately I am a lazy bastard.
Wouldn't mind if someone else did.
Cheerio

Hello & help...
The Queen Is Dead... & so is the link (to me, at least)...
May I reasonibly hope for a re-up in the days to come ?
In advance : Thanks !
Marc

Well I suppose it is that time of the year...
I have put together this 9 track compilation spanning their entire career.
There is a twist though, these are The Smiths as you have never heard them before.
And I promise you one or two surprises too. :)

So turn off the lights, get your headphones on and enjoy!

Smiths.zip

Here is the cover I made for it...

15pjs5t.jpg

Happy Xmas to one and all!

Hi Marc,

Irregular Regular has re-upped the zip.file with an additional track. Try the link at the end of the quote below:

*UPDATE*

Someone kindly made one other instrumental track available tonight, it is fan made so you can still hear very faint traces of Morrissey's vocals in it.
Still, I believe it is worthy of inclusion in this compilation, so I have edited and re-uploaded the zip.file here... Smiths.zip

.....and thank you again, Irregular Regular for such a fine Christmas treat.

Wow !!! Thanks a lot !!! Downloading right now...
& a Happy 2017 full of Moz !

I really think he didn't.

Well, maybe if he did, in this case it is not a crime.
Bowie has been known to use all kind of musical things he liked for his own music.
Not very different from Moz, I would say, but I am grateful they did steal it.

When you steal and make it your own and recreate it, it becomes something new.
When you just borrow it and copy it than for everybody it is very recognizable as not being something new and authentic as from your own creativety but from somebody else.
Just copying and borrowing, and when you borrow you will have to pay the interest.
When you steal and make it your own by recreating, you don't.

By the way, nowadays it has become very difficult to strive for authenticity when so much music, photograpy and films and books are available on the internet.
I think it is important to get your inspiration from any source available and that it is possible to create something new, more or less.
The self imposed rule to be authentic at any cost will not assure you to be really authentic.

Well, maybe if he did, in this case it is not a crime.
Bowie has been known to use all kind of musical things he liked for his own music.
Not very different from Moz, I would say, but I am grateful they did steal it.

When you steal and make it your own and recreate it, it becomes something new.
When you just borrow it and copy it than for everybody it is very recognizable as not being something new and authentic as from your own creativety but from somebody else.
Just copying and borrowing, and when you borrow you will have to pay the interest.
When you steal and make it your own by recreating, you don't.

By the way, nowadays it has become very difficult to strive for authenticity when so much music, photograpy and films and books are available on the internet.
I think it is important to get your inspiration from any source available and that it is possible to create something new, more or less.
The self imposed rule to be authentic at any cost will not assure you to be really authentic.

I totally agree. But I just do not think DB would borrow something from Moz after all that mess.

I really really respect what you're saying and, for me, there's nothing really new. Everything is copied and pasted somehow.

I totally agree. But I just do not think DB would borrow something from Moz after all that mess.

I really really respect what you're saying and, for me, there's nothing really new. Everything is copied and pasted somehow.

Tony. Visconti. Tony Visconti did it. The producer.

Tony. Visconti. Tony Visconti did it. The producer.

I love Oscillate Wildly, but that 3 musical notes are so much everywhere in popualr music that it really needs a fanatic to think it is ''stolen''. One could easily find the same 3 notes in the same sequence in many Morrissey songs, still, it wouldn't be a ''theft''. This is nonsense.

Or, did Morrissey steal from Lobo in Neal Cassady drops dead :) ?

Back
Top Bottom