The Smiths meet Blondie - SATH

very good idea BUT that's exactly the dangerous moment when a cover band becomes in their mind the original band they render homage and covers other people's song. I believed The Smiths split back in the late 80's... still good idea

wtf are you talking about lol

It's an Ian's interview to french magazine...

"(The Smiths) I like them much more now they are dead than when they were alive (loose translation). I adore most of all 'Reel Around the Fountain'. There was a competition between them and us when they started and I could never understand why journalists preferred Morrissey's songs to mine. Maybe because like Joy Division there was something about the singers that people with no personality could identify with. (owch) Personally in my lyrics I only give part of myself and I already think it's too much. What always amazes me is the number of people who want to be the next Morrissey. Frankly who would want to be like someone who is so uncomfortable with himself? People want to be like him and he only wants one thing -- to be like someone else!! (laughs...)

I don't think Morrissey is a great singer. (hello mr pot I'm mr kettle). I met him when the Smiths first started out. A magazine suggested he interview another singer, and I don't know why, he chose me. I accepted on two conditions. One it be held in Liverpool and two it be held where I could have a drink. We met in a pub at lunchtime. I took great delight in ordering beef and holding it under his nose as he had told me he was a vegetarian (laughs)...

I thought he was very nice but I quickly learnt it was a (French word I can't translate "tocard"). At one point to display his literary skill he talked of a chassam (chasm). You only need to open a dictionary to know you don't pronounce it like that. Contrary to him I never read books, but I've known how to pronounce that word since I was six years old."

Tags
shit tribute tribute
Back
Top Bottom