The Smiths is Dead Commodore 64 game

Bieno

Hello everyone

I'm doing a work about Morrissey and gathering information about the period between the band's split and the Wolverhampton concert. I am interested in all kinds of information and, whoever can, answer these questions and add some interesting data from this period

-After The Smiths split up, why are Joyce, Gannon and Rourke at the '88 concert in Wolverhampton? Was it a favor to Morrissey? Were they paid? And if the concert was free, who paid all the expenses?
-Who was his manager?
-Where did he live?
-Name of Pubs he visited, during this period and also near the Wool Hall recording studio, where he recorded Viva Hate.
-The composers of Viva Hate were Stephen Street, Vini Reilly, Rourke...? How was the relationship between them?
-What does Morrissey do when he's not on tour?
-Name of Morrissey Cats?
-Did he has hobbies or something? I imagine that he spend most of the time at home, reading books, listening to music, and watching TV. Anything else?

Are the following dates correct?

Smiths end: September 1987
Viva Hate release: March 1988
Concert at Wolverhampton : December 1988
Any more interesting dates during this period?

How was Morrissey's relationship with
Johnny Marr
Mike Joyce
Andy Rourke
Craig Gannon
Geoff Travis
The boss from HMV

It is important that all the information is from the period between the separation of the band and the Wolverhampton concert

When I finish the work, I will share it with you.

When I finish the work, I will share it with you.
Blimey, with this many qustions it sounds as though you want everyone else to do the work. And with such basic errors as 'The composers of Viva Hate were Stephen Street, Vini Reilly, Rourke' I suspect it would be quicker for you to look up the existing information on this period in one of Morrissey's biographies or magazine articles, as you are clearly so muddled you'd need someone to walk you through the entire era.

I'll help you out. One of his cats was called "Dude" - now deceased, as of a couple of years ago. HTH.

Didn’t he live in Cheshire during this period? Or was that a bit later?

Thank you very much for your responses.

I honestly hadn't thought to look on Youtube. Surely with these videos many things will become clearer.
I'm doing a text adventure for obsolete computers, in this case a commodore 64. I've been doing this type of game for years and I always had in mind to dedicate one to Morrissey and now is the time. The game, even though you don't have the system, can be run from an emulator in a very simple way. It will be released both in Spanish and English and will be totally free.

I have put many queries at the same time since I have 20 - 30% of the game done and I want to be sure that what I write is correct.
I'm also not going to use all the information I collect here but I don't know yet what will be useful. It's the whole set that interests me.
You can see my previous works in my itchio https://commodore-plus.itch.io/

Of some of the questions I am more sure, of others I have doubts and of the rest I am quite lost, and I prefer to be sure.

Thx again

I'll help you out. One of his cats was called "Dude" - now deceased, as of a couple of years ago. HTH.
Dude died at 2020, so with what cannot be of the time that I need. Thanks anyway

What really interests me is more about his day-to-day life, what he did during that period of time, where and with whom he lived, his surroundings, what pubs or what places he went to. It's where the adventure I'm doing is (and all in general).
That's why I'm also interested in the months he was in Wool Hall

Dude died at 2020, so with what cannot be of the time that I need. Thanks anyway

What really interests me is more about his day-to-day life, what he did during that period of time, where and with whom he lived, his surroundings, what pubs or what places he went to. It's where the adventure I'm doing is (and all in general).
That's why I'm also interested in the months he was in Wool Hall

Well, California Son did finally pop the question to Nancy and they were married in 1989. I know it was a private ceremony at Our Lady of Malibu and the reception on the beach had more security than the unveiling of the McRib at a McDonalds in England, so not much paparazzi photos. They did not live in a house in LA when they first got married. Not too many people know they first lived at California Son's father in law's house in
Palm Springs.

I confirm all of the above. And that after the ceremony at Our Lady of Malibu the reception on the beach included angel hair pasta with Aunt Nancy’s marinara all shaped into little individual portions on each guest’s plate, the outline of which formed Mozzy’s quiff from 1987, but not that from 1986 or 1989.

Nancy had beautiful sparklers pinning up her beautiful hair and no one even caught on fire

The California Son Jr. would’ve been five years old when his parents married, then. Was he involved in the ceremony at all, perhaps in one of those saccharine schemes where the child presents the wedding ring on a little pillow, or strews flowers down the aisle? Judging from his moppet cameo in the Suedehead video, I could picture him doing either. Or did he remain sequestered in England with his aunt and uncle and cousin?

The internet says the oldest known cat on record lived to 38 years, so it’s not outside the realm of possibility for Dude to have been a kitten in 1989.

Back
Top Bottom