The Smiths Indeed 'Meat Is Murder' tour 2010

Do anyone know what time they usually come on stage? I'm planning to grab some grub before hand and don't want to miss any of the show.

It should be a great night, I'm looking forward to it :D

Last edited:
Oxford last night.

These guys rocks :thumb: We had a fantastic time last night. They completely nailed Barbarism and did an amazing version of Well I Wonder (a track which I believe The Smiths never played live). It was great to see a lot of young people there who were singing along with all us old farts.

I'm not sure what happend to the beginning of Meat is Murder? But that didn't detract from a very enjoyable evening, in fact I enjoyed The Smiths Indeed more than The Courteeeners I saw a couple of weeks ago.

I now can't wait to see them play the whole of the Queen is Dead next year:D

Oxford last night.

These guys rocks :thumb: We had a fantastic time last night. They completely nailed Barbarism and did an amazing version of Well I Wonder (a track which I believe The Smiths never played live). It was great to see a lot of young people there who were singing along with all us old farts.

I'm not sure what happend to the beginning of Meat is Murder? But that didn't detract from a very enjoyable evening, in fact I enjoyed The Smiths Indeed more than The Courteeeners I saw a couple of weeks ago.

I now can't wait to see them play the whole of the Queen is Dead next year:D
Cheers mate,glad you enjoyed it.I really wanted to make it last night.But it was impossible.After all day in work I was just too tired.
Oh to be young again.

Hi there

new poster :guitar:

me and a friend went to see The Smiths Indeed at Liverpool a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it so much we're going to Manchester this Saturday too.

Rough Run Down

8.15 start, came out about 8.35
played first set whole album in order - all but How Soon Is Now
Played Meat is Murder with all the animal sounds and nailed pretty much everything.
10-15 minute intermission
Second set - About 9.40
Started with How Soon Is Now
Went through a hell of a lot of songs
Panic
William
Shakespeares Sister
Bigmouth
You Just Havent Earned It Yet, Baby
Shoplifters
Shiela Take a Bow
Jeane
Charming Man
Cemetery Gates
Heaven Knows
What Difference does it make

Probably a good few more Im just reeling these off the top of my head, finished with There Is A Light that Never Goes Out.

Ive got a picture of the set list I picked up from there which Ill put on here later so you know what was sung.

All in All a cracking night, young and old alike joining in and just loving the whole night.

Roll on Saturday, also to the OP, can I ask what time you're looking at starting/finishing? mainly so we can catch the last train back to Liverpool and dont want to miss any of it by having to run for the train.

Cheers

Greetings and salutations SD,

Welcome to solo:p

Glad you loved the concert! I've seen them play live too and thought them quite splendid:thumb:

Really good to get a rundown of the evenings activities - thanks for that!:)

played first set whole album in order - all but How Soon Is Now

^^^... HSIN wasn't on the original Meat is Murder album, but i'm glad they played it in their second set for you, cause you do feel cheated when it's not played.:p

I think its cos Ive got it on an import CD which has HSIN on it, :crazy:

Probably explains WHY they didnt do it in the first set :lbf:

Im only 3 years older than the Original album so.....
Defo looking forward to Saturday, plus it gets me out of the city whilst the Grand National is on :thumb:

Will I be able to get a ticket on the night on Saturday?

I haven't got round to buying one yet.

Going tonight, looking forward to it :thumb:

Tonight The Smiths Indeed play at Manchester Academy 3. Doors are 7.30pm. 2 sets: Meat Is Murder played in order (the UK version, naturally) & a generous selection of Classics & Surprises.

Leslie & his team from Salford Lads Club will be selling t-shirts & postcards to raise funds for the club. And author Dickie Felton will be selling & signing his book 'The Day I Met Morrissey'. There may be 1 or 2 other special guests...

Cracking gig last night. Had forgotten how good you guys were.
As authentic as you are ever gonna get :thumb:

Really REALLY good night

Thanks for another amazing gig, finished nice and early to get back to Liverpool as well

Nice one!

Congrats on a phenomenally good tour. Music was wonderful, atmosphere amazing.... a bloody good night for all involved no doubt:thumb:

Looking forward to your next visit to Scotland:p.. Let it be soon;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom