The Smiths Indeed 'Meat Is Murder' tour 2010

The Smiths Indeed

Is It Really So Strange?
'MEAT IS MURDER' 25th Anniversary Tour 2010:
playing the album in its entirety in order, followed by a generous helping of other Smiths classics

Saturday 13 February - BELFAST, Empire Music Hall

Thurday 25 February - CHESTER, Alexander's
Friday 26 February - WARRINGTON, WA1
Saturday 27 February - RAWTENSTALL, Cafe Artisan - SOLD OUT

Friday 5 March - YORK, The Duchess
Saturday 6 March - BARROW-IN-FURNESS, The Nines

Friday 12 March - LIVERPOOL, O2 Academy
Saturday 13 March - CARDIFF, Clwb Ifor Bach - SOLD OUT
Sunday 14 March - BRISTOL, O2 Academy

Friday 19 March - GLASGOW, ABC2 - SOLD OUT
Saturday 20 March - NEWCASTLE, O2 Academy

Friday 26 March - LONDON, Islington O2 Academy
Saturday 27 March - OXFORD, O2 Academy

Friday 2 April - SHEFFIELD, O2 Academy
Saturday 3 April - BIRMINGHAM, O2 Academy

Friday 9 April - LEEDS, The Cockpit
Saturday 10 April - MANCHESTER, Academy - SOLD OUT

Friday 16 April - DUNDEE, The Doghouse
Saturday 17 April - EDINBURGH, Bongo Club

Friday 23 April - DUBLIN, The Academy - cancelled/postponed due to unforeseen circumstances
Saturday 24 April - CORK, Savoy Mezz - cancelled/postponed due to unforeseen circumstances

Thursday 29 April - KINGSTON UPON THAMES, New Slang 10pm (shorter set) Tickets
Friday 30 April - BRIGHTON, Komedia 8pm Tickets
Saturday 1 May - SWINDON, The Furnace 8.30pm Tickets

Apportez vos fleurs!

Last edited:
Yesterday's celebration at Salford Lads Club was very cosy. About to set sail for Belfast where the Meat Is Murder 25th Anniversary Tour kicks off on Saturday at the fabulous Empire Music Hall. Do join us if you're in the mood.

I'm a bit pissed off.
The night they are in Oxford I've got to do a 12 hour shift all day.
There's no way I can get there.:mad::mad:

Thin Warrington is on the cards and would have done Liverpool but you clash with the Smyths at the Ritz.....Great venue that so have to go there!

I'm a bit pissed off.
The night they are in Oxford I've got to do a 12 hour shift all day.
There's no way I can get there.:mad::mad:

I wasn't going to bother seeing them at Oxford, but now I've found out they're playing the whole of Meat is Murder, my favourite Smiths album, I'm a lot more interested :D

We've also got tickets for the Courteeners on the 16th in Oxford, which should also be a great night.

I seen that as well.
But unfortunately I have something else on that night.
Do you live local then?

Yeah, we live in Farmoor, nice and peaceful but only a quick bus journey into Oxford :)

I see The Smiths Indeed are also playing Swindon which isn't a million miles away? Although that wouldn't be my first choice of venue.

We're really looking forward to seeing the Courteeners, I only bought their first album a few weeks ago, but now I can't stop listening to it. It annoys me that people keep comparing them with Oasis, which is rubbish, they are nothing alike. :mad:

The Smiths Indeed

Don't usually like tribute acts but saw these last night in Rawtenstall....£10 well spent!

Re: The Smiths Indeed

yes they are good- gonna go see them again at the cockpit in leeds.

The Smiths Indeed are the one UK tribute act I haven't seen yet, just always seem to be somewhere else when they are playing locally.

Jukebox Jury

The Smiths Indeed are the one UK tribute act I haven't seen yet, just always seem to be somewhere else when they are playing locally.

Jukebox Jury

I think they're playing the Academy on April 10th ?

Last edited:
just got tickets for glasgow, got some spare too if anyone wants to come along. Maybe try and get to the edinburgh gig. has anyone seen them on this tour. I'm excited that they're playing the the whole album but do they play it in the the order it is on the record and roughly how many others do they play.

On our current heart-warming tour, we play 2 sets: the full Meat Is Murder album played in order, followed by a generous selection of other Smiths classics. All in all, about 2 hours.

Glasgow has now sold out, but the capacity in Newcastle has been increased. Looking forward to seeing your faces.

sounded real good in liverpool. :thumb:

:thumb: yeah I thought they sounded great, would defo look them up if they are playing again in Liverpool, I was talking to a couple there who said they follow all the tribute smiths badn around the country....dedicated:D or:crazy: said the smyths were great as well so I wouldn't mind seeing them given a chance.

Back
Top Bottom