"The Smiths in Posters Exhibition" in Manchester, UK (July 4 - Aug. 31, 2013)

Discussion in 'Events archive (read-only)' started by Marc Smiths, Jul 3, 2013.

By Marc Smiths on Jul 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  1. Marc Smiths

Marc Smiths Member

Home Page:
    http://shop.thesmiths.cat
    UPDATE July 27:

The event has been extended to Aug. 31, 2013.

“The Smiths in Posters Exhibition” in Manchester
    The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters
    4 July – 1 August 2013
    Barcelona NQ Bar & Restaurant
    6 Hilton Street, Northern Quarter
    Manchester

[​IMG]

This collection is a unique worldwide exhibition which has only been held before in Catalonia. It includes the original posters, distributed as limited editions in record stores of The Smiths – Rough Trade & The Cartel in UK or Ireland and SIRE in US. The Value of the collection is priceless, collected over a decade of careful dedication.

With over 35 original, creative and very rare posters this exhibition is not to be missed by any genuine Smiths Fan!

Further info http://www.thesmiths.cat/the-smiths-exhibition/

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Events archive (read-only)' started by Marc Smiths, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths
      Re: The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters

4 firsts promo posters:
      1. Hand In Glove
      2. This Charming Man
      3. What Difference Does It Make?
      4. The Smiths (album)
      The Smiths Exhibition Manch Quadres -I-B-Vermell-negre.jpg
    2. Mozzersmandan
      Mozzersmandan
      Re: The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters

will there be opportunity to purchase any?
    3. myboyracer
      myboyracer

Nice. Wish I could be there. :cool:

cheers!

mbr.
    4. Dave2006
      Dave2006

Will be interesting to see.

The completist in me loves the fact that you have both versions of the Hatful poster
      smiths posters1.jpg

I'm interested to know what the Kevin Cummins image is on the 'special' promotional poster?

Dave
    5. Justin Playfair
      Justin Playfair

?- What does Morrissey-Solo, " A Hateful Online Creche" and the UK Premier Exhibition of the Complete Collection of 'The Smiths' Original Posters have in common?

Answer- cool posters.
    6. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths

Hi Dave! You do not have it both? I do appreciate your comment!

About the picture I can promise that if you could ever guessed you would have powers! I think it's going to be a quite surprise!

;D

- - - Updated - - -

They are going to be able to purchase them on www.thesmiths.cat, I hope to finish in 9 days!
      :D
      Marc
    7. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths

The Smiths Promo Posters: Live Concert in Manchester, Panic (Words), Ask & Shoplifters Of The World Unite.
      Join The Smiths in Posters Exhibition in Manchester at https://www.facebook.com/events/199738606842182/
      The Smiths Exhibition Manch GREY- Comm VII.jpg
    8. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths

The Smiths Exhibition Posters "8": The World Won't Listen, Sheila Take A Bow, Girlfriend In A Coma & Strangeways Here We Come!
      The Smiths Exhibition Manch- Comm VIII.jpg
    9. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths
      "The Smiths in Posters Exhibition" in Manchester, UK

“The Smiths in Posters Exhibition” in Manchester
      The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters
      4 July – 1 August 2013
      Barcelona NQ Bar & Restaurant
      6 Hilton Street, Northern Quarter
      Manchester

Manch_Exhib-Poster_TCM-EVENT-TWEET-RET.jpg

This collection is a unique worldwide exhibition which has only been held before in Catalonia. It includes the original posters, distributed as limited editions in record stores of The Smiths – Rough Trade & The Cartel in UK or Ireland and SIRE in US. The Value of the collection is priceless, collected over a decade of careful dedication.

With over 35 original, creative and very rare posters this exhibition is not to be missed by any genuine Smiths Fan!

Further info http://www.thesmiths.cat/the-smiths-exhibition/
      Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    10. Playcat2000
      Playcat2000
      I wish I could be there.
    11. Mozzersmandan
      Mozzersmandan

went along today when was in town to have a look

very impressive displays and posters - enjoyable half an hour spent looking around with a nice bottle of cider from the bar

also picked up an exhibition promo poster signed, lovely stuff

good work to those who got this collection over here :thumb: thank-you
    12. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths

Thank you very Much!!! It's a pleasure when people enjoy it!!! I do appreciate it!

13. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths

IMG_9130.jpg IMG_9135.jpg IMG_9150.jpg IMG_9144.jpg IMG_9169.jpg
    14. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths

IMG_9159.jpg
      IMG_9195.jpg
      Caryn Gough!
      IMG_9241.jpg
    15. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      [​IMG]

Beautiful pics. Thank you.
    16. realitybites
      realitybites
      The Artwork of the Smiths – in Pictures

From the Guardian today, The artwork of the Smiths – in pictures.

Fans of the Smiths were given an additional invitation to the inner workings of Morrissey's mind via the artwork that accompanied the band's music, which featured figures from Elvis to Yootha Joyce and encapsulated the humour and tragedy of the band's lyrics.

The Smiths Poster Exhibition, taking place at BarcelonaNQ in Manchester until 31 August, is lifted from the personal stash of Smiths obsessive Marc Capella. Here's a selection of the most famous pieces.
    17. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths
      Re: The Artwork of the Smiths – in Pictures

Thank you dear reality bites!
      - - - Updated - - -

Thank you dear reality bites!
    18. Marc Smiths
      Marc Smiths