The Smiths feature in latest issue of Mojo - March 2008

Of course it would have been leaked. He looked fabulous ten years ago, so why not preserve it for posterity? But for a squeamish fan like me, it really might be the end.

It is the end. For posteri-or-ty.

Peter

Of course it would have been leaked. He looked fabulous ten years ago, so why not preserve it for posterity? But for a squeamish fan like me, it really might be the end.

Butt sales of his Greyest Hits should surely cushion the blow that his ego will suffer from watching his reputation among younger fans sag. I just didn't expect him to pimp it by using decade-old pics from his back catalog.

Butt sales of his Greyest Hits should surely cushion the blow that his ego will suffer from watching his reputation among younger fans sag. I just didn't expect him to pimp it by using decade-old pics from his back catalog.

By any analysis, aging ungracefully is the seat of many of our anxieties. In the rear of all our minds is an ever-lengthening crack of despair-- can he be forgiven for wishing he was ass fit as he once was?

By any analysis, aging ungracefully is the seat of many of our anxieties. In the rear of all our minds is an ever-lengthening crack of despair-- can he be forgiven for wishing he was ass fit as he once was?

Of course. I'm surprised that I can't see any son shining out of that pic. But, as with most of his more controversial moves, we fans will always stand behind him.

Of course. I'm surprised that I can't see any son shining out of that pic. But, as with most of his more controversial moves, we fans will always stand behind him.

Naturally, although in this case I'm not sure he's released his best flip-side. But in the end we have to applaud his courage, putting this picture out knowing it will invite so much alien probing.

Before anyone calls me a prude, I've had to watch countless bare male buttocks heaving up and down everyday at work. I've seen Ron Jeremy getting rimmed, and I've shrugged.

Good heavens Mel, what kind of place do you work at? Not to pry or anything...

As for the photo:well, at least we won't be having any more interminable "Is he or isn't he?"-type threads. This settles it.

oohh people, you take things too seriously :) - if this pic proves anything, I'd say it shows he is more relaxed and at ease with himself now - enough to share something private as this.

Naturally, although in this case I'm not sure he's released his best flip-side. But in the end we have to applaud his courage, putting this picture out knowing it will invite so much alien probing.

It may not be his best flip side, agreed, but we shouldn't get all bent out of shape whenever his lyrics don't hit below the belt like they used to. Then again, there are plenty of fans who like to stay on top of everything he does, even when it's a "greatest hits" release that's packed with his most recent stuff.

It may not be his best flip side, agreed, but we shouldn't get all bent out of shape whenever his lyrics don't hit below the belt like they used to. Then again, there are plenty of fans who like to stay on top of everything he does, even when it's a "greatest hits" release that's packed with his most recent stuff.

I don't mind the "GH"-- when Moz is on top of the charts it's like the king is back on his throne. I worry, though, that at bottom he's too tender: let's hope he never does change his plea to guilty. Anyway I know what you mean about those nuts who don't like his new lyrics-- must be a full moon every night with those crazies. Sod 'em, eh?

I don't mind the "GH"-- when Moz is on top of the charts it's like the king is back on his throne. I worry, though, that at bottom he's too tender: let's hope he never does change his plea to guilty. Anyway I know what you mean about those moonbats who don't like his new lyrics-- sod 'em, eh?

Here's hoping that THPGU pushes its way to the top and wipes the competition off the charts! Moz would be flush with pride, not to mention cash! It could even make him look like one cool cat--'a might win legions of new fans. Then again, maybe that's too much of a stretch.

Here's hoping that THPGU pushes its way to the top and wipes the competition off the charts! Moz would be flush with pride, not to mention cash! It could even make him look like one cool cat--'a might win legions of new fans. Then again, maybe that's too much of a stretch.

And not only England should lay prostate at his feet but the rest of the globe too-- the French are so keen, and Greek love might just punch his ticket. (If he double-backed in the States he'd sell a few more copies, too, but another tour might be too beastly for him-- it's been a long, dark tunnel for the poor guy.) Who knows, though, a fresh wind might help him be more retentive in his fanbase!

And not only England should lay prostate at his feet but the rest of the globe too-- the French are so keen, and Greek love might just punch his ticket. (If he double-backed in the States he'd sell a few more copies, too, but another tour might be too beastly for him-- it's been a long, dark tunnel for the poor guy.) Who knows, though, a fresh wind might help him be more retentive in his fanbase!

Not to mention that he's trying to reach around to Iran. That takes considerable spunk! I'm sure that he can't pull that one off, though, because he wouldn't be able to bear the humiliation of being censored by the authorities, and besides, he's gotta be pretty pooped by his near-constant touring for the past year and a half.

Not to mention that he's trying to reach around to Iran. That takes considerable spunk! I'm sure that he can't pull that one off, though, because he wouldn't be able to bear the humiliation of being censored by the authorities, and besides, he's gotta be pretty pooped by his near-constant touring for the past year and a half.

Iran, I know! It's as if he wants to bring the whole world to its knees. That's why I'm surprised about only one new song on the latest single-- it won't sit well with the fans for him to release the songs in little squirts instead of having something big to bite into (live tracks? Surely that can't be the only junk in his trunk). I know he wants to fudge it on the charts but, anyway, you can't dump on him for wanting to be on top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom