The Smiths fan made videos

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by TheManWhoWentIndie, Jan 17, 2018.

1. TheManWhoWentIndie

TheManWhoWentIndie New Member

Have you seen any cool fan made videos for Smiths songs?

I made one for Oscillate Wildy (my fav song) with scenes from Chungking Express

I would love to hear your opinions

2. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

Nice job. But with so many reference points, all I could think of was this...

3. Oh my

Oh my Enough! or Too much

Chungking Express (i.e, the movie used for the whole "fan video") is already absolutely based on a song, "California Dreaming".... So it is weird to see an edition featuring another song.
    Wong Kar-wai is a genius when it comes to choosing somehow easy-listening songs and playing them again and again until they become incredibly deep in the context of the movie (California Dreaming for Chungking Express; Quizas, Quizas, Quizas in the version by Nat King Cole in "In The Mood for Love", etc).

So it's a bit like watching 2001 with the sound of a Polka, Strauss won't get out of your head... and it will be weird.

4. TheManWhoWentIndie

TheManWhoWentIndie New Member

Ok I didn't think that way when i was doing the video, although I think you've right, especially for the Wai's fans, it could be awkward.