The Smiths - December 12 1986 - Brixton Academy - Silas remaster version 2

OtherWisdom

A few years ago I was approached by a hardcore Smiths fan to remaster four Smiths shows. These have come to be known as Silas Remasters. They are as follows:

• The Smiths - 1983-02-04 - Hacienda - Manchester England
• The Smiths - 1984-05-04 - Rockpalast - Hamburg Germany
• The Smiths - 1986-10-23 - Kilburn National Ballroom - London England
• The Smiths - 1986-12-12 - Brixton Academy - London England

I was provided the closest to original sources as possible by the aforementioned fan. So, technically, these aren't remasters unless I had access to the original sources.

In the ensuing years I’ve learned a lot more about using Fairlight to improve audio recordings.

Thus, I’ve decided to revisit the shows listed above and create improved versions of each one.

The Smiths - December 12 1986 - Brixton Academy - London England - SRV2

As a reminder, all of these shows are encoded in Dolby Digital surround.

Please, recommend either Smiths or Morrissey shows that you'd like to see worked on in the future. Contact me here.

BookishBoy

A few years ago I was approached by a hardcore Smiths fan to remaster four Smiths shows. These have come to be known as Silas Remasters. They are as follows:

• The Smiths - 1983-02-04 - Hacienda - Manchester England
• The Smiths - 1984-05-04 - Rockpalast - Hamburg Germany
• The Smiths - 1986-10-23 - Kilburn National Ballroom - London England
• The Smiths - 1986-12-12 - Brixton Academy - London England

I was provided the closest to original sources as possible by the aforementioned fan. So, technically, these aren't remasters unless I had access to the original sources.

In the ensuing years I’ve learned a lot more about using Fairlight to improve audio recordings.

Thus, I’ve decided to revisit the shows listed above and create improved versions of each one.

The Smiths - December 12 1986 - Brixton Academy - London England - SRV2

As a reminder, all of these shows are encoded in Dolby Digital surround.

Please, recommend either Smiths or Morrissey shows that you'd like to see worked on in the future. Contact me here.

I loved that Brixton show so much, especially when they played "This Night Has Opened My Eyes" the whole world seemed to slow down and they seemed like just a regular band on a stage again, without so much of the craziness that sometimes seemed to surround them. (Turns out I was wrong, of course, to feel that way...)

Pippistrella

I loved that Brixton show so much, especially when they played "This Night Has Opened My Eyes" the whole world seemed to slow down and they seemed like just a regular band on a stage again, without so much of the craziness that sometimes seemed to surround them. (Turns out I was wrong, of course, to feel that way...)
My favourite Smiths gig ever.

It was actually a benefit gig against apartheid in South Africa.

But nothing is ever perfect.

Top Bottom