The Smiths at the BBC?

Stitchell

blah blah blah blah...
While in town today, I noticed that Shed Seven have an 'At The BBC' album out just now that includes session tracks and live recordings from some concerts. Over two discs. Two discs! This is nothing personal against Shed Seven but there are THREE versions of 'Where Have You Been Tonight?'. I actually like some of their songs but, in the grand sceme of things, they're not a hugely important band. Also in this series lately, there have been BBC releases for musical titans such as The Wonder Stuff, Free, House of Love, The Housemartins and (almost inevitabley) Ocean Colour Scene.

So I ask....why not a release for The Smiths? I'm sure it would be a popular release. They recorded enough for the BBC. The whole back catalogue just seems to be treated in a shitty fashion. Some artists have their every fart in the studio re-released as 'exclusive' tracks in box sets but no official release for Smith sessions?!

So I ask....why not a release for The Smiths? I'm sure it would be a popular release. They recorded enough for the BBC. The whole back catalogue just seems to be treated in a shitty fashion. Some artists have their every fart in the studio re-released as 'exclusive' tracks in box sets but no official release for Smith sessions?!

On the upside, the very lack of officially-released rarities is probably what makes SoLow such an active fan forum.

Back
Top Bottom