The Smiths A-Z: "Back To The Old House"

The huge gap existing between the two versions confirms that the group was still clumsy in a studio back then.

full band version shite, acoustic version gorgeous

Sublime
The live offering above which is the songs first live attempt (I think) falls way short over the other two listed above.
I always prefer the Smiths studio attempts much more than any Smiths live offerings.

Sublime
The live offering above which is the songs first live attempt (I think) falls way short over the other two listed above.

It’s a fragile song to pull over live and the attempt was early. I posted a later live version of it, much better
version.

I always prefer the Smiths studio attempts much more than any Smiths live offerings.

I agree, though live, they are a different beast, a different perspective of the songs.

When Moz and Johnny went back and curated The Sound Of
The Smiths comp, they chose to include the band version.
Weren't nothin' wrong with it, but Wild T woulda chose the
Moz and Johnny version.

It is often said that Morrissey has a gift for nailing the emotion of a song in a few vocal takes. When I hear the early John Peel version, I am more than happy to believe it.The fragility and sensibility of his voice is just heartbreaking.

It's kind of a minor song in that it touches on subject matter he did in other songs, like "Late Night, Maudlin Street," on a much grander scale but I love it.

One of my favorites is that the guitar is exquisite and the whiny voice of moz and the lyrics so simple but that can make us identify, confessions sung 9/10 for me

Tags
the smiths a-z
Back
Top Bottom