The Skylarker Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Thoughts?

Hello, I like it, I like it a lot! I was put off it before as it had Bryan Cranston in it and for me he was the just dad from Malcolm in the middle… silly reason really but then I remember seeing the 2ndt episode from season 2 a while ago and it looked pretty raw (Tuco takes Walt and Jesse prisoner). I had never to watch for a couple of weeks, so I watched it online for free (seasons 1 & 2).

What I do like about it is, I never have a set view on the characters. I feel sorry for them and then I think there are pathetic in the next arc of the story (like Mad Men). I hated Jessie at first but now I feel sorry for him in much the same way as I did for Hank and now his ptsd with what happen to him in New Mexico.
It is general good story telling with unpredictable characters. The narrative enters into many discourses such as personal morals, family, disabilities and illness. Not many TV shows or films do this.

Oh, season 4 was drop off by the post man today.

:love: :thumb:

Heisenberg says you know what.

That scene alone trumps the entire Nolan franchise.

Absolutely agree. I would straight up murder someone to see another Keaton Batman film. The series needs the closure it never got.

In other news, did you hear that the sequel to 'Man of Steel' is going to be a Batman/Superman film which means we'll have to sit through yet another origin story and deal with another actor who isn't qualified to be Batman while people who would be perfect for the role are passed up because they are considered too old for the longterm plans the studio has?

Also, Bryan Cranston needs to be Lex Luthor. Period.

Absolutely agree. I would straight up murder someone to see another Keaton Batman film. The series needs the closure it never got.

In other news, did you hear that the sequel to 'Man of Steel' is going to be a Batman/Superman film which means we'll have to sit through yet another origin story and deal with another actor who isn't qualified to be Batman while people who would be perfect for the role are passed up because they are considered too old for the longterm plans the studio has?

I realize you don't like me and will find this too gay and not read it, but I was thinking about this the other day. Any seasoned actor who would be perfect for the role like Michael Keaton would be bored to tears at the way movies are made today. What used to be sets and studios and a mood to guide the emotion has been replaced by a cyclorama and a green screen with all the CG effects added later. It's not the same but young actors don't know the old way.

I heard about the crossover film but I did not know it was a direct sequel to Man Of Steel.

I don't know what happened in Hollywood in the last 20 years but now every contender for a leading role now has to look like an Abercrombie model. f***ing gay. Keaton playing Batman now could never, ever happen...Hollywood has completely lost that kind of risk-taking, less-is-more sensibility...

I realize you don't like me and will find this too gay and not read it, but I was thinking about this the other day. Any seasoned actor who would be perfect for the role like Michael Keaton would be bored to tears at the way movies are made today. What used to be sets and studios and a mood to guide the emotion has been replaced by a cyclorama and a green screen with all the CG effects added later. It's not the same but young actors don't know the old way.

How industrious.

2jnaq.gif

Haha ace, I need to get Breaking Bad properly on blu ray instead of being a tight arse and getting it off isohunt, it's not the same is it?

Nothing looks like Blu-Ray, but a good quality TV rip is fine too.

I heard about the crossover film but I did not know it was a direct sequel to Man Of Steel.

I don't know what happened in Hollywood in the last 20 years but now every contender for a leading role now has to look like an Abercrombie model. f***ing gay. Keaton playing Batman now could never, ever happen...Hollywood has completely lost that kind of risk-taking, less-is-more sensibility...

Apparently, Batman is going to beat up Superman in his own movie. :lbf:

There isn't any younger actors the caliber of the ones that have been around for decades. I honestly can't think of a suitable actor to play Batman under 40. Off the top of my head, Jon Hamm would probably be a decent Batman.

I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be a brilliant Batman.

Not shitting you. Deadly serious.

Off the top of my head, Jon Hamm would probably be a decent Batman.

I was just saying that to my son the other day. I could see Hamm doing Bruce Wayne/Batman in the style of the 90s cartoon.

I still think the role will never be done better than it was by Keaton. What's even more interesting is that when you think of the context of that period and what he had done roll-wise up to that point, casting him as Batman was ballsy as f***...and he KILLED it.

:lbf: No way! He would be a subversive Batman! Who says rich men have to be a suave James Bond character? In reality they are mostly overweight, dishevelled, partial to a drink....

You can see it now can't you?

My dream cast would be Keaton as Wayne, Max Von Sydow as Mr. Freeze, Steve Buscemi as The Joker, Chloe Sevigny As Harley Quinn, Stacy Keach as Gordon, William H. Macy as Riddler, Kristeen Young as Catwoman, Jason Alexander as Penguin...

No Robin, no love interest.

My dream cast would be Keaton as Wayne, Max Von Sydow as Mr. Freeze, Steve Buscemi as The Joker, Chloe Sevigny As Harley Quinn, Stacy Keach as Gordon, William H. Macy as Riddler, Kristeen Young as Catwoman, Jason Alexander as Penguin...

No Robin, no love interest.

You mean Sean Young?

sean-young-W-2.jpg

Apparently, Batman is going to beat up Superman in his own movie. :lbf:

There isn't any younger actors the caliber of the ones that have been around for decades. I honestly can't think of a suitable actor to play Batman under 40. Off the top of my head, Jon Hamm would probably be a decent Batman.
In the very wonderful Frank Miller 'Return of the Dark Knight', Batman duffs Superman up a treat (and good job too, Superman being the goverments puppy dog).
In my humble opinion, shortarse Keaton was an appaling Batman and the Tim Burton films, travesty upon travesty. Batman giving away his secret identity! Ludicrous.
I take it you're not a fan of the latest Bats trilogy?

In the very wonderful Frank Miller 'Return of the Dark Knight', Batman duffs Superman up a treat (and good job too, Superman being the goverments puppy dog).

Yes, I'm aware...I think my copy fell apart. I still remember buying it at a comic shop in Minneapolis at 13...

In my humble opinion, shortarse Keaton was an appaling Batman and the Tim Burton films, travesty upon travesty. Batman giving away his secret identity! Ludicrous.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong. Both of the Burton films were masterpieces, and Keaton's Wayne hardly "gave away" his identity. Keaton played the role with a conviction and finesse that I can't even articulate without shaking, that's how f***ing great he was in those films; any other opinion is heresy.

I take it you're not a fan of the latest Bats trilogy?

I saw them all in the theater and I detest them from start to finish. Overbearing, overblown, absolutely no sense of subtlety or playfulness...overacted, overserious, heavy-handed to the point of absurdity.

Other than that they were great...

Yes, I'm aware...I think my copy fell apart. I still remember buying it at a comic shop in Minneapolis at 13...

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong. Both of the Burton films were masterpieces, and Keaton's Wayne hardly "gave away" his identity. Keaton played the role with a conviction and finesse that I can't even articulate without shaking, that's how f***ing great he was in those films; any other opinion is heresy.

I saw them all in the theater and I detest them from start to finish. Overbearing, overblown, absolutely no sense of subtlety or playfulness...overacted, overserious, heavy-handed to the point of absurdity.

Other than that they were great...
Did he not give up his secret identity to some squeeze?
What do I know.
As you say we are all entitled to our opinion.
I think Tim Burton is all style and no substance so when coupled with a short Batman, the films dont have
a chance with me.
Regardless, we both like the comic.
Are you a comic fan Sykylarker?
I'm out of the loop these days. Can you recommend anything?

If the rumours are true and the movie will be based on Miller's The Dark Knight Returns we might well see an older actor as Batman. With a bit of CGI and deep shadow Clint Eastwood might be fun.

Back
Top Bottom