"The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition out now

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by thecondy, Jun 19, 2012.

By thecondy on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  1. thecondy

thecondy New Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by thecondy, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This is the biggest waste of money EVER. Nothing new of any value. Will sell back my copy straight away. Rogan is so self-obsessed it's incredible - all he seems to have done in the last 20 years is brood about the time Morrissey (effectively) told him to fuck off. What a sad twat.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: "The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition out no

Folks, is there anywhere I can download this, or part of this book, free of charge? Links? Thanks.
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: "The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition out no

Every quote in the book is fully credited and dated in the new edition.
    4. miss anna
      miss anna

I love the OCD reference. Hilarious, Joe! True too. But I think you slightly misrepresent the contents. You don't mention that there is new material in every single chapter. Approx 170 pages extra. Quotes from the court case are scattered through the text, not just 'a few extra pages' as you imply. The Preface IS 'light relief' and even slightly wry, I thought. "No pics now neither" you say. Well there's 60 photos in my edition, spread over 24 pages. Maybe someone tore them out of the copy you saw or you just didn't notice.
    5. goinghome
      goinghome

Where would we be without a bit of OCD to impose order?! In any case, Mr Hopps
    6. 123xyz
      123xyz

Hmmm, what to do, what to do .... ?
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous

LOL. I always thought Rogan was a pub bore but OCD nails it.
    8. Iona Mink
      Iona Mink

*pondering* Would Johnny Rogan join a forum and call himself "miss"..... nah...can't be....
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous

He goes a bit reptile at one point due to the pixels, but seems like a nice bloke. Do you have any more, Going Home? - it seems to be snippets
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous

The preface is light relief if you enjoy seeing someone make a tit of themselves. Read it today in a bookshop but didn't buy it. Even though Morrissey said my book was shit, he did actually mean that it was really really good and great and brilliant and cool.
    11. Thesmithsmorrissey
      Thesmithsmorrissey

see how easily you can (and people have, believe me) attribute this to Morrissey, if you so wanted to?

To each his own. I couldn't give a fuck less about Rogan as a person; it's a Smiths/Morrissey biopic and an interesting (if one-sided) read

No more, no less. I promise I won't take it as gospel
    12. silentandgrey
      silentandgrey

So, does this new edition cover more of Morrissey's solo career (since the old one only covered up to 1991) or does the added info only pertain to The Smiths?
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous

It's so much less. The Preface is like Alan Partridge of Radio Norwich telling the story of The Smiths!!!
    14. yearsofrefusal
      yearsofrefusal

Just ordered a copy so will see if it is a good read or not:)
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Hilarious!! The piss-take "I'm really thoughtful" pose on the cover of "I, Partridge" is like the pic of Rogan in "Morrissey The Albums"!

The only difference is that Partridge pretends to be a petty self-aggrandizing narcissistic twat.
    16. Thesmithsmorrissey
      Thesmithsmorrissey

Is anyone reading this yet? Good stuff; ol' Johnny Ro is at the top of his OCD game with this updated edition
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Looked at it in a bookstore - load of sh*t. The guy just talks about himself.
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Untrue. You've just browsed the preface. He doesn't mention himself in ANY of the 29 chapters in the book as far as I can see....
    19. GregCannon
      GregCannon

Waiting for mine to turn up in the post. Looking forward to reading it. Read the original years ago (borrowed copy, so haven't re-read since) and enjoyed it.
    20. WhalleyRange
      WhalleyRange