The second most romantic song by Morrissey

The second most ROMANTIC song by Morrissey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewpie

Subscriber
Most of you agree that the most romantic song written and sung by Morrissey is 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'.

Excluding TIALTNGO, which song do you think the most romantic?

Last edited:
Come Back To Camden

(and for sung but not written, I like Skin Storm)

Well I wonder beats every romantic song in the world. How could you forget it?

I always think of TIALTNGO as a song of frustration rather than romance.

Depends what you mean by romantic? Seasick perhaps?

I always think of TIALTNGO as a song of frustration rather than romance.

It's one way to interpret the lyrics, but it's generally considered as a very romantic song about yarning for love and excitement.

Depends what you mean by romantic? Seasick perhaps?

In here 'romantic' means fantacising love and romance.

Last edited:
As having listened to the song for 23 years, I feel entitled to my opinion.

'Well I Wonder', 'Seasick Yet Still Docked' 'Come Back To Camden' and 'My Dearest Love' share the same theme.

I'm afraid I picked the songs have happier feel.

So you do think they are romantic?

'Well I Wonder', 'Seasick Yet Still Docked', 'Come Back To Camden' and 'My Dearest Love' share the same theme.

I'm afraid I picked the songs with happier / optimistic feel.

'please don't drop me home, because it's not my home it's their home and I'm welcome no more...
please don't drop me home, because I haven't got one, anymore...
and in a darkened underpass I though oh god my chance has come at last, but then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask...
and if a double decker bus, crashes into us to die by your side...
and if a ten ton truck kills the both of us to die by your side...
there is a light that never goes out (ie, no matter how much love kicks this shit out of us and ruins our lives, we still hope that somewhere we will find love that fulfills us)'

Life Is A Pigsty and The Edges Are No Longer Parallel share the same sentiment. Joyous and optimistic songs all.

Now your changing the rules :lbf:

Most of you agree that 'Well I Wonder', 'Seasick Yet Still Docked', 'Come Back To Camden' and 'My Dearest Love' are lament, self pitying and songs about someone who doesn't love the protagonist.

Most of you agree that 'Well I Wonder', 'Seasick Yet Still Docked', 'Come Back To Camden' and 'My Dearest Love' are lament, self pitying and songs about someone who doesn't love the protagonist.

As is 'My Love Life' but you list that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom