The second most romantic song by Morrissey

The second most ROMANTIC song by Morrissey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Well I Wonder', 'Seasick Yet Still Docked', 'Come Back To Camden' and 'My Dearest Love' share the same theme.

I'm afraid I picked the songs with happier / optimistic feel.

Romantic doesn't mean feeling happy or optimistic, it varies by the person. To some the closest feeling to romance is pain and sickness. In all of these songs the protagonist is IN love, which still makes them romantic.

Romantic doesn't mean feeling happy or optimistic, it varies by the person. To some the closest feeling to romance is pain and sickness. In all of these songs the protagonist is IN love, which still makes them romantic.

I think that Kewpie is planning something for Sunday? A nice bottle of wine and a few Morrissey songs to set the mood? ;):)

I think 'I Won't Share You' and 'The Edges Are No Longer Parallel' are his most romantic. Even more so than 'There Is A Light' :o

Most of you agree that 'Well I Wonder', 'Seasick Yet Still Docked', 'Come Back To Camden' and 'My Dearest Love' are lament, self pitying and songs about someone who doesn't love the protagonist.

Most of us agree???? When did you become a mind-reader???? And I don't think that TIALTNGO has a date that loves the protagonist.

And if we're talking about optimistic/happy, I'm going with At Last I Am Born. It sounds like he might be in an ACTUAL romance and finally over his self-pitying.

I'd Love To.

from Moz:
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
nothing is more romantic than faith :blushing:
except maybe being hit by a double decker bus together ;)
or another from the Smiths:
I Won't Share You :straightface:

Re: The beginning of . . .

. . . a romance is to ask the one you love out on a date, the next minute you may find yourself blissfully and happily married with a home and a life to share.'

Otherwise you make your soulmate even lonelier than you are, for not to come forward suggests you fear their beauty and for whom are they attractive to then?

Ambitious Outsiders.

:lbf:

Alright, don't stretch this to 'romance of crime' teritory.

It's possibly the most evil lyrics Morrissey has ever written.

My bad, I also forgot about 'Wide To Receive'.

I'm doomed. :p

Last edited:
I posted another poll thread because I missed many songs to the poll. :o
This thread is locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom