Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

I don't want a new Morrissey album anymore they are lame and boring.

Perhaps if he kicks his current guitar and brings back Alan...

I want a new Smiths album instead. ;)

It’s now become a discussion about which album is worst. f***ing amazing!

Carry on...

What an undignified end to a great career - and how desperate he now sounds. I wish we could go back 10 years, when he'd been voted second in the Greatest Living Icon poll and when he was regarded with such respect. Moz has spent the last decade lumbering from one disaster to the next.

Morrissey is a man not afraid to speak his mind, but sadly the industry he is in doesn’t allow that, not these days anyway.

None of what has happened to him is his fault.

Morrissey is a man not afraid to speak his mind, but sadly the industry he is in doesn’t allow that, not these days anyway.

Yes! Morrissey’s 2 decades of garbage releases and a quotable trail of verbal diarrhea are the fault of “the industry”. Lol!

These f***ing clowns are priceless!

What an undignified end to a great career - and how desperate he now sounds. I wish we could go back 10 years, when he'd been voted second in the Greatest Living Icon poll and when he was regarded with such respect. Moz has spent the last decade lumbering from one disaster to the next.
But the thing is he hasn't changed at all, he was never shy to speak (or sing) about his beliefs, things that he deems important.

We've just moved into a world which regrettably would rather respect "admirable" falsehood (with its prime aim being catering to the popular opinion) than unapologetic authenticity. You may not agree with him on some issues, but even then having a discussion is important - disallowing any critical opinion will get us nowhere.

But the thing is he hasn't changed at all, he was never shy to speak (or sing) about his beliefs, things that he deems important.

We've just moved into a world which regrettably would rather respect "admirable" falsehood (with its prime aim being catering to the popular opinion) than unapologetic authenticity. You may not agree with him on some issues, but even then having a discussion is important - disallowing any critical opinion will get us nowhere.
The gymnastics you have internally come up with to justify that pile of tripe are quite frankly astounding.

Look - it's simple - being a right-wing arsehole doesn't sell, and it's ALL about the money. He doesn't sell anymore. You might not like it, but try telling it to the tens of thousands out there who've already decided. It's over. His career is finished.

That's it. There's nothing else to say about his situation.

Who said all those things? Was it someone else?

The gymnastics you have internally come up with to justify that pile of tripe are quite frankly astounding.

Look - it's simple - being a right-wing arsehole doesn't sell, and it's ALL about the money. He doesn't sell anymore. You might not like it, but try telling it to the tens of thousands out there who've already decided. It's over. His career is finished.

That's it. There's nothing else to say about his situation.

Who said all those things? Was it someone else?
Skinny you are always out to get Moz. You go quiet when things go well for him. So he says things you don't like. I don't agree with a lot of what he says. He was always far too negative. But you seem to enjoy his trials and tribulations. It's not right. If you really hated him you'd give up and wouldn't even visit Moz Solo.

Moz falls out with practically everyone he works with so obviously he is the problem. Everyone else can't always be wrong. I think it will be very hard for Moz to get a deal. I think the time has come for Moz to release his own records. Times have changed and it is not seen as failure to do so.

It’s not about BMG , it’s over Mayfly.. fair and square...
morrissey and his great band do trudge on , like me and you in life...
every day is an opportunity... don’t look on the dark side my friend ...
look at it this way .....
morrissey will get a contract before you and I .....
We never panicked in 1939...
did we....

I wasn't born in 1030 to panic about the war.
And I am not overly worried about Morrissey.
He's not a child and he can look after himself.
If there's more to come from him, I'll be happy.
If it's the end, well he's been around for almost 40 years and we don't have to go home empty-handed.

Now that we've chalked this record contract termination up to 'diversity,' can we start listing the reasons for Morrissey being dropped from every other label he's been on? I know Sire dumped him because of the climate change hoax and Mercury ended things due to Zionist infiltration, but does anyone have the intel on Sanctuary and Harvest? Thanks in advance.

I don't agree with Morrissey's politics and I think he's a 'useful idiot' as far as For Britain is concerned but I have to ask myself - would the pin/bad interview/stupid onstage comments have damaged him the way they did, if he was releasing superb music at the same time? People will overlook all kinds of awful shit for the sake of a good pop song. Yet Morrissey's transgressions quickly and totally overwhelmed his music - I can't help feeling that part of it was a kind of 'revenge' from people who never liked him anyway and wanted to finish off someone they saw as washed-up, tired, past his best.

Moz falls out with practically everyone he works with so obviously he is the problem. Everyone else can't always be wrong. I think it will be very hard for Moz to get a deal. I think the time has come for Moz to release his own records. Times have changed and it is not seen as failure to do so.
He's basically an industry 'untouchable' now, isn't he. He's had, what, 13 record labels? And each time, he can't part ways amicably - he has to burn all his bridges with wild accusations and paranoid ranting. So self-defeating.

Morrissey pretended for decades not to be racist.

The thing is, I consider myself left wing. But I focus on shit that matters - Morrissey's personal views just don't matter to me. What most of these people are aren't even left wing people. They're virtue signalers and no matter what Morrissey said they'd be against it because to them it isn't even about political ideology, its about Morrissey. There's a personal grudge here which goes back to the owner of this website and you have little attack dogs here who want to F5 all day for new news to get stuck in. Morrissey could literally post about the toast he made for breakfast or the new hat he bought and they'd find an issue with it.

I don't agree with all Morrissey's views. Hell, I never have, I've always eaten meat for example. But what these people here do is betray their own supposed cause. They want to rage at him for his views when his views really don't matter. Go direct that hate at people in positions that matter. Direct it at Rupert Murdoch, at conservative MPs, at big business, at fossil fuel industries etc... not some dude with a nice voice and ill-fitting trousers. If Greg the gardener comes over to do my garden and he does a shit job, I'm not gonna leave a review on Google about his political ideology. Its about the uneven hedge trim he did.
All it takes if for good men to do nothing

Have you even seen Morrissey live? Just curious.
your claim of none of his recent issues have been his fault, is at best misguided: he’s not innocent in it all, and isn’t the victim he wants people to believe. I’ve seem Morrissey well over 200 (not with the Smiths) and been a collector for years, but I’m not blind to the facts of recent times. And he’s not a victim of anything. All that aside, he would do very well to close Central immediately, that is a root cause to a lot of his recent nonsense.

Skinny you are always out to get Moz. You go quiet when things go well for him. So he says things you don't like. I don't agree with a lot of what he says. He was always far too negative. But you seem to enjoy his trials and tribulations. It's not right. If you really hated him you'd give up and wouldn't even visit Moz Solo.
Those who get so upset with Skinny do the opposite of silencing him. The don't get that Mozzer's version of free speech is only understood by the kind of lunatic unable to source eggs at a supermarket. And not only is it right to do so but fun too.
Not the extreme right definition Morrissey associates with. There is no need for fascist pins.

How can it be in the interest of diversity for BMG not to give racist and sectarian bigot Morrissey a new contract?
Absolutely
incomprehensibe and senseless marketing.

In 1999 he said he was "considering releasing his next LP through the internet", without a record label.
He obviously didn't and later on said he was too old-fashioned for it and so on, but it's interesting to speculate what would have gone different if he had taken that route 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom