Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

They do have reasons to be here Pokey, I’ve laid them out elsewhere. None of them are good or genuine.

My advice is to ignore them. It’s taken me a while to realise, I admit, but if they end up just talking to themselves, or those that agree with them, they’ll just shrivel up & die.👍
You are still trying to brigade, I see. The arrogance of your telling people who they should and shouldn't interact with is quite breathtaking.

Of course @Pokey , as I said in my original post to you, that is just my advice, I’d never try to tell anyone what to do. Certain people misread what they want to misread of course, for their own needs, but this forum can be better if the haters are ignored & left to die.

It’s up to you of course. 👍

Right, I can bring an end to all this right now.

Will Morrissey get another record deal? Nobody knows.

Come back when he does or announces he is retiring.

Other than that, it’s all just useless waffle.

IGNORE THE TWATS and HATERS and their MULTIPLE FAKE LOG IN IDS!!!🧐

THEY ARE UNCOUTH AND NOT VERY BRIGHT.🤬

Guys theres this other band I really hate, like, really don't like them. Would you recommend that I sign up at their fan forums and post constantly about how much I don't like them while following every little thing they do all day every day? Asking because there seems like some real experts on the subject here :)
If you used to be a fan, have invested in their music and merch and doled out money for tickets to see them live a bunch of times... The answer is YES. Everyone has the right to their opinion. Those who’ve paid for that right get to skip the queue.

Does that clear things up for you?

Well clearly they do have their reasons to be here, whether you understand them or not.
I have in the past took part in forums and e-mailing lists for musicians where the musicians themselves participated and it almost totally wrecked any opportunity for argument or debate because everyone was worried about offending said artists. The point is, I'd much rather read a wide range of views on someone I like than just endless hagiography. A wider range of views makes for a more interesting forum.
This succinct, nail on the head got a “thumbs-down”?

Only on a Morrissey site.

Like a bake-sale brawl, the outstanding level of wankerism here is reason enough to pop in for a laugh!

Me too! It’s an absolute gas watching the man-child’s flock lose their shit, as this unravels.

Strange times but, it’s the little things! :)
In these straitened times we must take our consolations where we find them.

In these straitened times we must take our consolations where we find them.
Stay safe and sane! ...and remember to get plenty of iron in your diet. ;)

431-B25-A1-5-C76-436-C-8-F27-8-ABAF0-CE01-D5.jpg[IMG]

Dear Morrissey

You've been dumped by BMG because the albums you recorded for them weren't very good, and didn't sell many copies.

Yours,

Albert Einstein

I don't like Douglas Murray. I'm a Morrissey fan.

Morrissey is way bigger than BMG. Morrissey will come back bigger and better after this!

Has Morrissey ever talked about Douglas Murray?
if he has then it should all be good stuff. It would be a conversation I'd tune it to see. They'd disagree on some stuff I'm sure but both would come out of the chat with respect for each other. Murray's refusal to bow down to identity politics and woke culture has made this year survivable.

f*** the wokesters, the virtue signalling social justice warriors, radical Islam, lying politicians and the MSM. That's what I take out of my lockdown experience in the year of the scamdemic. Radical Islam hatred predates 2020 to be fair.

I love Moz and Douglas Murray. I only say that because your first line I'm not down with, it's not an either/or situation. 😵 (is that you?)

Dear Morrissey

You've been dumped by BMG because the albums you recorded for them weren't very good, and didn't sell many copies.

Yours,

Albert Einstein
they didn't sell many copies. That's true. But Dog on a chain was a tremendous record. The others had their moments too. You may be right that it was simply a matter of cold economics but quality wise they weren't lacking.

they didn't sell many copies. That's true. But Dog on a chain was a tremendous record. The others had their moments too. You may be right that it was simply a matter of cold economics but quality wise they weren't lacking.
LIHS & IANADOAC were full of quality, I just listened to the former today.

CS not so much, although it had a few highlights. More than most top-selling albums of the day.

But you’re right, it’s not the lack of quality.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom