The rant page (aka things that piss me off constantly)

D

DAVIE

The Rant Page

Rant page peeps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a rant that nobody will give a shit about.

So in order to cope with being crazy I read EVERYTHING in metaphor. But sometimes the metaphor just hurts. SO a friend of mine is planning on adopting a baby. I've given up hope on having a baby, I know I won't have one and I've resolved to just let that topic be, I don't want to explore it, I'm not destined to be a mother in this life. Fine. I'm at peace with that. I'm like on eternal hold and that is frustrating, but I realistically have to say No Baby For Me. SO that takes loads of courage. Now this couple, the mother, has started referring to their baby as "our baby" when talking to me about it. I think in her mind when it arrives I am going to drop all life plans that I don't really have. (I only really have dreams, nothing to speak for any life in real life) and be by her side and raise the child so she can have free time, like a nanny sort of thing. She makes reference to "us" raising the child, she;s looking to me for a confirmation that I will be there. But in metaphor land the baby is like a number of other things. It's like a mind baby, "We will raise and conquer this mind baby together." is what she's saying. Or like Akhenaten who was a sun worshipper, his babies, depicted on this stele from Armana are not depicted as baby babies, but as mini himans, like "zombies." Together he and his wife play with them. They don't look like real babies for a reason, they are people, they are government, they are ethics commities and crime stoppers and do-gooders and that is the baby they are raising, their own army for the new world because this one is going to end and a new one is beginning or whatever, but when my friend speaks, I see my life at a total standstill and in the future can only grasp being tthe hand maiden to an adopted baby far from my home with no hope or future of having a life. And for that I rant even though I'm handed gold, I'm too tired and broken to see anything but shit in my future. And talking to computers. :( /endrant

I shouldn't rant when I'm drunk, I just sound crazy. *hiccup*

akhenatenrelief.gif

Last edited:
Davie, sorry to clog up your thread with weird egyptian stuff. You know what pisses me off constantly? People who walk through front doors in the wrong door like their driving in England. You walk in and out of a door on the right, I am CONSTANTLY bumping into people who think it's the other way around! :p I shouldn't complain though, it's part of my repetroire of scant human touching/contact that I love even though it's annoying leading up to it happening. And taking change from a checker? LOVE that, I get to graze their hand with mine. I suppose this shouldn;t go on the rant thread.

Last edited:
I am stupid. I will go watch mindless tv now. :D

Hmm, well you never know CrystalGeezer, you may have a baby...we can't predict the future much. It may even happen on accident, that's what happens to most people!

FACEBOOK, pisses me off! Why do people have it? It's just a site that let's other people "stalk" you...But nobody else wants to know what you've had for dinner, nobody wants to know what friends you've met for coffee and nobody certainly wants to see pictures of you with your top off or snogging your lover. Everyone around me has facebook and wants me to have it, but I shall stand my ground...Facebook is a major distraction to what is going on outside the home and therefore many people do NOT leave the home because of this site, which believes making "friends" with absolute strangers is acceptable....Nobody would EVER talk to random strangers outside the house, it would seem socially weird and not right.

Hmm, well you never know CrystalGeezer, you may have a baby...we can't predict the future much. It may even happen on accident, that's what happens to most people!

FACEBOOK, pisses me off! Why do people have it? It's just a site that let's other people "stalk" you...But nobody else wants to know what you've had for dinner, nobody wants to know what friends you've met for coffee and nobody certainly wants to see pictures of you with your top off or snogging your lover. Everyone around me has facebook and wants me to have it, but I shall stand my ground...Facebook is a major distraction to what is going on outside the home and therefore many people do NOT leave the home because of this site, which believes making "friends" with absolute strangers is acceptable....Nobody would EVER talk to random strangers outside the house, it would seem socially weird and not right.

Theyre all full of shit anyway,a bit like here

I'm not full of shit.

not a major rant but today this man was in the shop with his daughter. he had a shaved head which made him look even dorkier, and also a gigantic truck, so I guess he's some kind of tough guy, so he's walking around whining in front of a little girl, "I forgot my hat. My head is cold," and I thought, what does this little girl think of her father. you could tell she was used to stuff like this and was giving him just enough attention to keep him from pouting.

not a major rant but today this man was in the shop with his daughter. he had a shaved head which made him look even dorkier, and also a gigantic truck, so I guess he's some kind of tough guy, so he's walking around whining in front of a little girl, "I forgot my hat. My head is cold," and I thought, what does this little girl think of her father. you could tell she was used to stuff like this and was giving him just enough attention to keep him from pouting.

You know where I work Dave, then you can image that all the time dork people come to me and say unbelievable. They're really stupid and read self-help book thinking it's a great and honorable thing to do. Some days they really piss me off, other ones I just ignore them. I work in a bookshop.

You know where I work Dave, then you can image that all the time dork people come to me and say unbelievable. They're really stupid and read self-help book thinking it's a great and honorable thing to do. Some days they really piss me off, other ones I just ignore them. I work in a bookshop.

If they buy something it's okay. I have some really good regular customers and get new customers all the time that I try to keep. Some people just want to waste time though.

If the Earth is approx 4.6 Billion years old, why do we still refer to Earth being 2011 years old? Shouldn't we be more respectful to actual date of how old the Earth is...I know it's nice to say to your Mum that she is younger than she is, but come on this is the Earth we live on. What makes it even worse is that we are all accept that Jesus Christ was born approx 2011 years ago...doesn't that make it seem a bit weird for Atheists and other religions and cultures to base Earth's present date on something that has not been 100% proven. If they had based it on Henry VIII's reign or The Battle of Hastings, that would have made much more sense as at least we know we have 100% proof that it happened.

If the Earth is approx 4.6 Billion years old, why do we still refer to Earth being 2011 years old? Shouldn't we be more respectful to actual date of how old the Earth is...I know it's nice to say to your Mum that she is younger than she is, but come on this is the Earth we live on. What makes it even worse is that we are all accept that Jesus Christ was born approx 2011 years ago...doesn't that make it seem a bit weird for Atheists and other religions and cultures to base Earth's present date on something that has not been 100% proven. If they had based it on Henry VIII's reign or The Battle of Hastings, that would have made much more sense as at least we know we have 100% proof that it happened.

hmm. "Whens your birthday?" "4 billion,three hundred and eighty two thousand five hundred and twenty six.You?"

Back
Top Bottom