The Radio Dept call out Morrissey on new single “Going Down Swinging”

UPDATE:

The Radio Dept call out Morrissey on politically charged single “Going Down Swinging” (listen) - Brooklyn Vegan

Excerpt:

The Radio Dept. have shared a new single, “Going Down Swinging.”

...Like usual, The Radio Department sing softly but carry a big stick, and the song contains the following verse:

These church bells
I love what they say
Nazis should be dealt with like in Normandie
Only inbreds join an alt right parade
Someone please tell that to Morrissey

Came across this today when pulling up Bowie’s Boys Keep Swinging. YouTube must have jumped in a “swinging” theme. Decided to give it a listen and discovered Moz reference in the lyrics.

Radio Dept - Going Down Swinging

Church bells are ringing today
God is on the right side for once
We will go down swinging you say
Oh to die at the hands of a fascist dunce

These church bells
I love what they say
Nazis should be dealt with like in Normandie
Only inbreds join an alt right parade
Someone please tell that to Morrissey

Going down swinging now
Going down swinging now
Going down swinging now

Church bells are ringing today
God is on the right side for once
We will go down swinging you say
But I never fought anyone
I just got beat up you see
Can't give that pleasure to a nazi devotee

Going down swinging now
Going down swinging now
Going down swinging now

Do the right thing now
When you're in that moment
Do the right thing now
In your heart you know it
You're not fooling anyone
You know this is for real
We will go down swinging you see
Oh to die at the hands of the fascist dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
I just listened to that mince,its like something a bunch of sixth formers would come up with when they have just formed a band.just my tuppence worth.

I think it's to do with her part in sixties British popular culture (as with Lulu/Cilla). She had a GREAT look - very stylised, very much of its time. She did have a good voice, and one or two good songs that were well-produced (Bacharach/David's Always Something There to Remind Me is terrific). Plus, something Americans won't get, but she WON the Eurovision Song Contest for us! That alone endears her to a whole generation (even though the song was really annoying). Eurovision aside, the cultural stuff you grow up with (good and bad) stays with you - but I think it stayed with Morrissey more than usual, judging from all the references to songs and TV shows from his childhood in Autobio. I get the impression those early memories are very vivid for him and remained important years later - though maybe for other reasons besides just musical.
I guess for me, the closest frame of reference would be Star Search, or American Idle, both of which passed me by, nostalgia wise. I do get that entertainment was pretty limited back then, so something like that would bring people together in ways that it wouldn't today. Something or other paradox of choice etcetera blah blah...

Radio Dept is the type of band that burst onto the scene and promised a lot but felt a bit like a new car with a flat tyre. They had their peak in 2006 when I saw them live on a cool roof top in the heart of Stockholm which was followed by their biggest fan, director Sofia Coppola, using their music for her movie about Marie Antoinette.

The problem with the band is that they just made the same song over and over as if they thought they had found perfection and didn't have to reninvent themselves again like great bands and artists always do. The singer with the english sounding name always seemed full of himself and I'll never forget how he stared angrily at me before that open roof top gig in Stockholm cause I was wearing a Man United jacket and I am pretty sure he is a Liverpool fan. Even his voice and the music sounded angry all night cause of that.

His political views are those of a true poser or snowflake if you like. He attacked the then swedish prime minister, Fredrik Reinfeldt, with the brilliantly entitled song "Freddie and the trojan horse", a man that spent his time as prime minister by allowing a record number of immigrants into the country and became famous for his "open your hearts" quote as he was all for immigration with no limits at all and a border free Sweden.

In that song the singer says Fredrik makes him feel like Zarah Leander the swedish nazi icon that every nazi soldier listened to who then became a gay icon, one of my gay friends performed as her at gay clubs in Stockholm and even in Gothenburg I believe.

The band promised so much but it was like every song was just promising or like an intro like the song "It's Personal" from their second album "Pet Grief" and in a way I only went to that gig to hear that song live despite the absence of any lyrics.

It is like they are giving away what they are all about with their album and song titles even naming their singles album "Passive Aggressive". They truly are the children of their time and surroundings and attacking anything that is currently not popular with the people at Söder in Stockholm means they gain more support from the Antifa (AFA in Sweden) supporters.

Scenes from "Marie Antoinette" when their music featured:

My fave songs are:

A great movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422720/

Watch it in full here in case anyone missed it:

http://www3.0123movies.org/watch/marie-antoinette-2006-online-123movies.html

Get a tiny grip.

Little Stevie M paid the band to write this song. Keep his washed-up, off-strip Vegas granola-grandpa name in the press. He doesnt write songs. He releases covers now. Often - as in the most recent case - by bands that the lover who spurned him has played with. f***ing gross, really. To ubderstate it... Wouldn't want my kids hanging anywhere around a creep like him. He doesnt show for shows. What does he have? This is it. THIS. Right here. This sad attempt at relevance. Paying a f***ing band to mention him in their shite song. ...which is quantifuably better than ANYTHING he's writtwn himself for the past 20 years.

Only hope he has beyond the few straggling f***-tard jizz-gobblers round here.

Just an absolute travesty of a shitter-spin. You can't even make this shit up.

Hahahahahaaaaaaa. f*** you Morrissey.

Greatest song associated with the name Morrissey in 25 years. ...and absolute garbage. An easy, well-deserving target.

Freedom of speech has consequences. Own your words, bitch. Lol!

Not really, no. It's the correct spelling of it, simple as.

Yes really, yes. In English the spelling is 'Normandy' and in French the spelling is 'Normandie'. Simple. Nothing about being correct or incorrect. In Spanish and Portuguese it is 'Normandia', which is correct in Spanish and Portuguese. It's just about how different languages spell a place name. 'Munich' is correct in English, while in German it is 'München'. In English it is 'Beijing' while in Mandarin they spell it as '北京市'. Correct or incorrect doesn't come in to it.

I just checked the news and it turns out that Sweden isn't burning. So you are wrong as well as being obnoxious.

Awww! Poor Hoffychops! He's more than happy to hide his hate behind "free speech". But when others exercise theirs, he throws a hissy fit, calling them "cucks". How tellingly homophobic of him. Not a surprise. This is how his role model treated gays back in the 1940's. Given half a chance, certain Neo-Nazis right will happy turn on Anne Marie Waters, Douglas Murray, Milo Yiannoplous and not forgetting our dear friend Stephen Patrick Morrissey (amongst others) in their Narnia ethnostate never to come.

gayholocaust.jpg

Yes really, yes. In English the spelling is 'Normandy' and in French the spelling is 'Normandie'. Simple. Nothing about being correct or incorrect. In Spanish and Portuguese it is 'Normandia', which is correct in Spanish and Portuguese. It's just about how different languages spell a place name. 'Munich' is correct in English, while in German it is 'München'. In English it is 'Beijing' while in Mandarin they spell it as '北京市'. Correct or incorrect doesn't come in to it.

It doesn't really matter, whether you're speaking in English, French or German. Yes, it might be more proper to say Normandy, or Nuremberg or Cologne, but to use the original spelling the of the language of origin isn't incorrect.

Meanwhile Sweden burns..................f*** off you Swedish cucks.

You show yourself to the absolute personification of the word when you call others that. You really mustn't be so hard upon youself, matey. You realise that somewhere out there, somebody does love you....for slightly more than minimum wage?
We can only hope....and give them maximum sympathies. ;)

You show yourself to the absolute personification of the word when you call others that. You really mustn't be so hard upon youself, matey. You realise that somewhere out there, somebody does love you....for slightly more than minimum wage?
We can only hope....and give them maximum sympathies. ;)

What?

Yes you, poppet! The keyboard warrior pining to go into a "race war" in that nice warm duffle coat and scarf (Themos flask and packed lunch not in shot).
Is it any wonder Jordan Peterson and Co. do a roaring trade with gullible types like you so easily held in their thrall? It shows....all too obviously in your pitiful case.:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:

Awww! Poor Hoffychops! He's more than happy to hide his hate behind "free speech". But when others exercise theirs, he throws a hissy fit, calling them "cucks". How tellingly homophobic of him. Not a surprise. This is how his role model treated gays back in the 1940's. Given half a chance, certain Neo-Nazis right will happy turn on Anne Marie Waters, Douglas Murray, Milo Yiannoplous and not forgetting our dear friend Stephen Patrick Morrissey (amongst others) in their Narnia ethnostate never to come.

gayholocaust.jpg

The gays always threw the best slumber parties, jello beyond words I was not there.

Looking good!

I love to see the day when being left means you love islam and you’re a nazi if you critize it. This is actually the sort of weird crap that will give rise to real nazis.

We’ve really discussed this way more than it deserves :rolleyes:

Ps: Yes, I live in a glasshouse, yes I still throw stones :o
Indeed!

They're just a band that stopped being of any importance 12 years ago and even then they failed to deliver a well made end product. They only had potential but threw it all away by hanging with the wrong people who filled their heads with political views that will make anyone turn into a loser and you know a lot about that.

But people have to be the ones they are cause the option is not an option if you know what I mean. The political compass of the singer is completely smashed to pieces and he comments on politics like a child would.

Suck on finger and hold it up feeling where the wind blows and it always blows in the direction of a communist cafe' in a part of Stockholm where people forgot to dress ok some 30 years ago. The men have flies in their trumpets and all the women have crabs and lice are crawling around in their dreadlocks that make their scalp itch.

Green hair and green everywhere and a skirt over a pair of pants on a girl is like the latest fashion for these chai tea mongs!

Circulate, nuffink to see here....

Indeed!

They're just a band that stopped being of any importance 12 years ago and even then they failed to deliver a well made end product. They only had potential but threw it all away by hanging with the wrong people who filled their heads with political views that will make anyone turn into a loser and you know a lot about that...
Yeah... Morrissey is a free thinker while on the other side people are just sheep that have their head filled with (stupid) political views that turns them into badly dressed losers ! LOL !!!
Yes 12 years ago Radio Dept could have been "big" but they just, like the sheep they are, didn't give a f*** about it.

Yeah... Morrissey is a free thinker while on the other side people are just sheep that have their head filled with (stupid) political views that turns them into badly dressed losers ! LOL !!!
Yes 12 years ago Radio Dept could have been "big" but they just, like the sheep they are, didn't give a f*** about it.
I think they just wanted to become big enough to be able to travel the world for free and play obscure clubs in places like Singapore and so on.
To become big in places like Japan you just have to fart into a mic to a beat.

A band "that stopped being important 12 years ago"... this.... in a Morrissey forum?

tenor.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom