The Queen Is Dead single reissue

I think it should be a single

I was gonna do make Smiths the number one FB page and everything both my ex-wives took the piss. I think it would be a brilliant number one single and one deserving of the Smiths legacy.
It's organic, my FB and feed is full of QID posts. Also, it is as relevant now as it was then, the queen is the last link to Old England.
We now have reality TV and OK magazine royals. We have the Woke Royals. While England itself is on the brink of being overrun by dingy boat "refugees" , the capital city is a knife crime shit hole, full of people who hate being English and the number one news story for the last two days is how great it is not to have a white man in any big jobs in gov - imagine if you said how great it was not to have a black man in any big jobs?
A country where white men are only there to be laughed at, most adverts now have mixed-race couples - but the man always has to be black, you never get a white man and a black woman. This is in a country where most people are still white This isn't a racist post, its a state of the nation one, of course, racism is shit, but so is reverse racism.
The point is the England of yesterday is gone. The culture of the last century is all but gone, the guitar pop bands and youth cults England used to spawn are nowhere to be seen.
To be modern in Egland you have to hate being English and hate its history. The future is now and its so lonely on a limb

Makes Smiths One

Attachments

• EwI4eaaXcAU8Y7-.jpg
    EwI4eaaXcAU8Y7-.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
There is a capaign from the usual online edgelords to make the download number 1 in this weeks chart (I think it's current #50 or something) - I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to achieve though, other than 'LOL - you dead' trolling.

There is a capaign from the usual online edgelords to make the download number 1 in this weeks chart (I think it's current #50 or something) - I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to achieve though, other than 'LOL - you dead' trolling.
You could set your watch around. And you could name the said edgelords prior and be at least 98.9% accurate in your prediction.

You could set your watch around. And you could name the said edgelords prior and be at least 98.9% accurate in your prediction.
If they were smart, they’d change it t0 the long forgotten longer version at 8:43, on the South Korean remix with the vocals @ 0.67 decibels lower.

It's not in any charts at the moment. Amazing what a festival appearance can do for you though, 7 out of the top 10 Indie singles this week are Arctic Monkeys releases.

Thing is with Moz - it’ll go one of three ways:

1. Explosion of a central statement demanding Warner reissue it immediately, and say how TQID needs to be released for the sake of British people. Though I believe he hasn’t received smiths royalties for years so this becomes unlikely as he has no financial incentive.

2. He keeps quiet on central, but voices it during his U.K. Tour. Opens the gigs with TQID and makes a couple of comments. I do think though that if he wants to see Bonfire released he’s going to have to put up and shut up.

3. He just says nothing. The man after all now knows the pain of losing a mother and for all the issues he has with the monarchy, may just keep quiet.

Thing is with Moz - it’ll go one of three ways:

1. Explosion of a central statement demanding Warner reissue it immediately, and say how TQID needs to be released for the sake of British people. Though I believe he hasn’t received smiths royalties for years so this becomes unlikely as he has no financial incentive.

2. He keeps quiet on central, but voices it during his U.K. Tour. Opens the gigs with TQID and makes a couple of comments. I do think though that if he wants to see Bonfire released he’s going to have to put up and shut up.

3. He just says nothing. The man after all now knows the pain of losing a mother and for all the issues he has with the monarchy, may just keep quiet.
Why no royalties?

Why no royalties?
Sold the cateologue to Warner in the 90’s and then lost royalties in payment to Joyce since 2005 I think? There’s a nice clip of him on YouTube saying “don’t buy smiths cd because it all goes to that wretched drummer”

I think he has been involved in a couple of more recent reissues though - including ironically the new cover art for the 'Queen is Dead' single reissue in 2017. Presumably by now, Joyce has been repaid in full.

Sold the cateologue to Warner in the 90’s and then lost royalties in payment to Joyce since 2005 I think? There’s a nice clip of him on YouTube saying “don’t buy smiths cd because it all goes to that wretched drummer”
Can’t believe that’s still going on

Not me, but us. We'll see what Morrissey will do after her inevitable death. After Thatchers death there was a great increase in streaming numbers for Margaret on the Guillotine. But it didn't quite reach up to "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead"
Morrissey isn't daft.
When thatcher (spit) passed, he knew the majority of working class folk amongst the UK despised her. So any such comments made against her would be greeted with cheers.
He also knows that a great deal of the working class support the idea of the monarchy and to counter that would generate a media backlash way worse than anything that Dave Haslam and his followers were able to muster.
With his upcoming tour less than 4 weeks away..... Morrissey has thankfully kept his big mouth shut.

Moz said Charles has extended invitations to him, so the royal family is probably not offended by this song. It's a great song, one of the times I saw him, he opened with it. I don't think we need a single reissued, but I think he can play it.
UK people, would this be ok on the UK tour?

Moz said Charles has extended invitations to him, so the royal family is probably not offended by this song. It's a great song, one of the times I saw him, he opened with it. I don't think we need a single reissued, but I think he can play it.

Pretty sure it would be in terribly bad taste, but when has that ever stopped him? He should open with it, guaranteeing a lot of press.

If the queen hadn’t passed and it was played at any of the upcoming dates, I would have been personally happy to hear it again. But I think it would just attractive negative attention if it was played now.
And negative attention is the last thing Morrissey needs now. Unless of course, he really does wish to make himself Persona Non Grata.

If the queen hadn’t passed and it was played at any of the upcoming dates, I would have been personally happy to hear it again. But I think it would just attractive negative attention if it was played now.
And negative attention is the last thing Morrissey needs now. Unless of course, he really does wish to make himself Persona Non Grata.
I do agree it's too soon, just wondering how you all feel about it

Same as Janice, great song, happy to hear it normally but not on this tour as it may piss some of the audience off and mute the altmosphere.
He's been doing that for years playing Meat Is Murder with the accompanying video

Back
Top Bottom