The Queen Is Dead single reissue

And what do you think you will see? She's 96, she's going to pass away, possibly in the next couple of days.
Not me, but us. We'll see what Morrissey will do after her inevitable death. After Thatchers death there was a great increase in streaming numbers for Margaret on the Guillotine. But it didn't quite reach up to "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead"

Not me, but us. We'll see what Morrissey will do after her inevitable death. After Thatchers death there was a great increase in streaming numbers for Margaret on the Guillotine. But it didn't quite reach up to "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead"

I doubt he will do anything, he already has a tarnished reputation in the UK, why would he dig himself a deeper hole, especially with the gigs coming up. He may also reflect on the how he felt when his mother passed away in 2020.

I doubt he will do anything, he already has a tarnished reputation in the UK, why would he dig himself a deeper hole, especially with the gigs coming up. He may also reflect on the how he felt when his mother passed away in 2020.
Yes, it's good that we can have different opinions and bring forward a diversity of thoughts. That's the point of discussions and forums. But we must remember that this is only possible with freedom of speech.

He may also reflect on the how he felt when his mother passed away in 2020.
I hope he does that. ^ (y)
Whatever he might say, let's hope he's respectful. Which is only as it should be, after all, despite any thoughts he may have held regarding the monarchy as a younger man.

How unbelievably disrespectful that would be (Re the original post).

Because I always want to get my fave band in the charts! Also, some might see it as a protest of the entire Royal system?
Not the time nor the place.

How unbelievably disrespectful that would be (Re the original post).

It's not really that disrespectful, I think. You have to separate the person (mother, grandmother etc) and the public persona/institution. The people will mourn the latter. Considering the life she has lived, with all her privileges and endless wealth, raised above her subjects like a goddess, how much respect should really be granted? Some people want to maintain the unsustainable old-fashioned class divide/hierarchy in the UK, while others want the people to gain power and work towards a more progressive social democratic society.

Health services will probably become even worse (and americanized) now with the new prime minister. One can compare the money and resources that have been spent on her health with what ordinary people get. Had Morrissey's mother received the same attention as the Queen, she might still be alive. I hope this fact can arouse an anger in Morrissey and contribute to what we will see elsewhere in British society, namely a kind of dissolution, a reset. It's not just an old woman dying, it will be the end of an era. So I hope this can dissolve society a bit "over there", that they can have a proper popular uprising against these elites. Especially with their new prime minister etc.

It's not really that disrespectful, I think. You have to separate the person (mother, grandmother etc) and the public persona/institution. The people will mourn the latter. Considering the life she has lived, with all her privileges and endless wealth, raised above her subjects like a goddess, how much respect should really be granted? Some people want to maintain the unsustainable old-fashioned class divide/hierarchy in the UK, while others want the people to gain power and work towards a more progressive social democratic society.

Health services will probably become even worse (and americanized) now with the new prime minister. One can compare the money and resources that have been spent on her health with what ordinary people get. Had Morrissey's mother received the same attention as the Queen, she might still be alive. I hope this fact can arouse an anger in Morrissey and contribute to what we will see elsewhere in British society, namely a kind of dissolution, a reset. It's not just an old woman dying, it will be the end of an era. So I hope this can dissolve society a bit "over there", that they can have a proper popular uprising against these elites. Especially with their new prime minister etc.

The majority of people in the UK want to keep the Monarchy.

The majority of people in the UK want to keep the Monarchy.

Well, the counterculture rarely represents the Majority (but often still quite impactful). There's also something called false consciousness in sociological theory. I must say I'm surprised to see how straight/conservative/woke the Morrissey fans have become.

Why will the health service become even worse with the new prime minister? It's currently dealing with a massive backlog due to Covid.

Well, the counterculture rarely represents the Majority (but often still quite impactful). There's also something called false consciousness in sociological theory. I must say I'm surprised to see how straight/conservative/woke the Morrissey fans have become.

What's woke about liking the Queen?

Why will the health service become even worse with the new prime minister? It's currently dealing with a massive backlog due to Covid.
I've heard there's rumors on the internets that she wants to privatize the NHS. Even if we're ideologically on different sides, one must surely agree that the American model is not preferable for the citizens unless you're rich or have a very good insurance. It's always baffling when people vote against their class interests.
What's woke about looking the Monarchy?
The woke is a bourgeois construct by the elites to keep the masses distracted with identity politics and so on. It wants to preserve the status quo when it comes to class, but use a lot of resources to divide people in every other imaginable way.
Ah rumours, I doubt any government would privatise the NHS
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. They almost managed it under Bloris Jonsen, and this new PM (Elisabeth Tusk) is even more neo-liberal.

I've heard there's rumors on the internets that she wants to privatize the NHS. Even if we're ideologically on different sides, one must surely agree that the American model is not preferable for the citizens unless you're rich or have a very good insurance.

Ah rumours, I doubt any government would privatise the NHS

Operation “London Bridge” has a separate plan for the death of the Queen at Balmoral. It involves her laying in state in Edinburgh, with strange ceremonial guards in feathered hats. Then she is slowly taken to London by train, where the crying public are expected to line the route.

I‘ve always vowed to leave the country sharpish the moment she dies. It’s going to be bloody awful. Enforced misery. I want no part of it. However clearing off is not going to be an option because I have my own little Queen of Sheeba to look after, my dog.

Morrissey would do well to bite his tongue for a while. A well timed statement, when everyone is sick to death of the whole thing, may capture the true zeitgeist.

Now that Queen Elizabeth II is dead, I must send my condolences to her family and to the british people. She gathered the british nation and was the glue that held it all together. Going through the mourning, you will discover, that now, a new era has begun, with King Charles III.

Back
Top Bottom