The Queen Is Dead single reissue

T. H. Auden

It’s only a matter of time now. She’s probably already dead, but there is a procedure (‘London Bridge is falling down’). There is an expression in my country, that ‘you must forge while the corpse is still hot’. Morrissey tried this after the Paris terror, I recall. It would be a huge lost opportunity if The Queen Is Dead wasn’t released as a single after her passing. Even if some pro-monarchy record company executive probably will say «No chance. It may come off as cynical in our modern ‘woke’ world». But it could probably accelerate the release of BOT as well. What do you think will happen when the queen is dead?

Last edited:
Nothing will happen. Morrissey may post a comment on Central, or not, simply because that’s what would be expected of him.

It’s only a matter of time now. She’s probably already dead, but there is a procedure (‘London Bridge is falling down’). There is an expression in my country, that ‘you must forge while the corpse is still hot’. Morrissey tried this after the Paris terror, I recall. It would be a huge lost opportunity if The Queen Is Dead wasn’t released as a single after her passing. Even if some pro-monarchy record company executive probably will say no chance. It may come off as cynical in our modern ‘woke’ world. But it could probably accelerate the release of BOT as well. What do you think will happen when the queen is dead?

Nothing will happen. Morrissey may post a comment on Central, or not, simply because that’s what would be expected of him.
But he often likes to do the opposite of what’s expected of him. He didn’t write about Bowie for example. Maybe you will get a new punk generation in the UK now, with the queen dead, a very neoliberal new PM, energy crisis and so on.

It’s only a matter of time now. She’s probably already dead, but there is a procedure (‘London Bridge is falling down’). There is an expression in my country, that ‘you must forge while the corpse is still hot’. Morrissey tried this after the Paris terror, I recall. It would be a huge lost opportunity if The Queen Is Dead wasn’t released as a single after her passing. Even if some pro-monarchy record company executive probably will say no chance. It may come off as cynical in our modern ‘woke’ world. But it could probably accelerate the release of BOT as well. What do you think will happen when the queen is dead?

Prince Charles will become The King. No one will release TQID as a single.

Another ‘unpopular’ comment coming up….

Sex Pistols due a rerelease?

But he often likes to do the opposite of what’s expected of him.

That’s why I commented in my post that he just might not say anything.
He didn’t write about Bowie for example. Maybe you will get a new punk generation in the UK now, with the queen dead, a very neoliberal new PM, energy crisis and so on.
don’t know what that would look like, but it wouldn’t look like punk, and you wouldn’t like it, which would be their point.

That’s why I commented in my post that he just might not say anything.

don’t know what that would look like, but it wouldn’t look like punk, and you wouldn’t like it, which would be their point.
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today it seems.

Prince Charles will become The King. No one will release TQID as a single.

Look forward to him singing ‘the king is dead’
upcoming shows.

If Britain’s lucky, maybe you’ll get another release of Elton’s ‘Candle in the Wind’.

Let's get "The Queen Is Dead" to #1!

We all knew this day would come. It is an inevitable part of life. In protest of everything, we should get "The Queen Is Dead" to number 1! Download, Stream, Buy if you are in the UK. If not in the UK you can buy from official chart stores if they have the single version.

Let's get "The Queen Is Dead" to #1!

We all knew this day would come. It is an inevitable part of life. In protest of everything, we should get "The Queen Is Dead" to number 1! Download, Stream, Buy if you are in the UK. If not in the UK you can buy from official chart stores if they have the single version.

Why?

It’s only a matter of time now. She’s probably already dead, but there is a procedure (‘London Bridge is falling down’). There is an expression in my country, that ‘you must forge while the corpse is still hot’. Morrissey tried this after the Paris terror, I recall. It would be a huge lost opportunity if The Queen Is Dead wasn’t released as a single after her passing. Even if some pro-monarchy record company executive probably will say «No chance. It may come off as cynical in our modern ‘woke’ world». But it could probably accelerate the release of BOT as well. What do you think will happen when the queen is dead?
We don't need record labels to produce CD and vinyl. We can do it on our own!! Countless other fans of bands have done this already without and record labels. So stream and buy digital!

Breaking news from the BBC: "Nurses pull the screens and then unplug machines at the bed where our beloved queen lies"

Back
Top Bottom