The Queen is Dead (Remastered & Loseless)

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Sorry, can you explain what this is?

Is it the Japanese enhanced SHM CD that was released in December?

Dave

Sorry, can you explain what this is?

Is it the Japanese enhanced SHM CD that was released in December?

Dave

Japanese SHM edition does not claim as remastered.
Johnny said in some interview he's planning to work for remastering.

It's Vauxhall95's (or someone else's) own remaster attempt I assume.

Last edited:
Japanese SHM edition does not claim as remastered.
Johnny said in some interview he's planning to work for remastering.

It's Vauxhall95's (or someone else's) own remaster attempt I assume.

It's Japanese, it's Loseless, and according to the packaging remastered. Don't shoot the messenger.

I believe this maybe password encrypted. The password for this and "An Afternoon with Morrissey" is mozaroma.

???

It's Japanese, it's Loseless, and according to the packaging remastered. Don't shoot the messenger.

I believe this maybe password encrypted. The password for this and "An Afternoon with Morrissey" is mozaroma.

I actually have a copy of SHM edition, official site http://wmg.jp does not say the album has been remastered.

below is a picture of Bigmouth Strikes Again mp3 from the original The Queen is Dead CD:

and here is the same song from the FLAC album posted above:

It may not be an official remaster, but sure is louder... and sounds good, too!

I'd love to see some re-masters of the original albums - and I think there would be a fairly well announced promotion if it happens. I'm sure I read somewhere too that Johnny was going to set about re-mastering them in the future. I'm not so sure that the first album could be just re-mastered, I'd say that it would benefit more from re-mixing first. It doesn't seem to have the dynamic depth of MIM or QID and Strangeways. I'm sure the magic is there in the multitrack tapes from that first album, it just needs skillfully EQ-ing to bring out the best in the songs. The only song that sounds tonally right to me is Suffer Little Children which sounds pure magic, the rest of it sounds harsh and a bit cold, although the songs are great. What does anybody else think? The sound definitely changed for the better when Stephen Street got involved in engineering and mixing.

Johnny Marr and Stephen Street have remastered the albums, and they've been re-relased on vinyl. We're just waiting for CD releases. :)

photo-48.jpg

is this not a remaster?
anyone have mp3s of these to share (4 recent vinyl reissues)?
i don't want to open my copies.

Back
Top Bottom