'The Queen Is Dead' named as the Greatest Album of All Time by NME - nme.com

The Smiths' 'The Queen Is Dead' tops NME's list of 500 greatest albums of all time - www.nme.com

Excerpt -

A list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time is published in this week's magazine, which is available digitally or on newsstands from today (October 23).
The Smiths' 1986 LP came top of the list, above albums by The Beatles, David Bowie, Pulp, The Stone Roses and Pixies. You can read the full rundown in this week's issue.

Wonder if this news will appear on TTY?

Ta for link.

P.

The Smiths' 'The Queen Is Dead' tops NME's list of 500 greatest albums of all time - www.nme.com

Excerpt -

A list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time is published in this week's magazine, which is available digitally or on newsstands from today (October 23).
The Smiths' 1986 LP came top of the list, above albums by The Beatles, David Bowie, Pulp, The Stone Roses and Pixies. You can read the full rundown in this week's issue.

covercomp-500albums-261013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't all just subjective?

There's no such thing as "the greatest album of all time".

I know, 'cause tonight is just like any other night...

It's perfect.

I can still remember catching the bus into town to buy it, then the journey home looking it and reading the lyrics, jumped off the bus legged to my room and put it on the turntable !!!!!!!!!!! BOOM !!!!!! (Hiroshima style) LIFE CHANGED FOREVER. That's the power of music, haven't felt it since but I was there. So anyway thank you Morrissey, Johnny, Mike and Andy, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
"Oh its childish and its silly"

Benny-the-Butcher

Well, at least we can be certain of one thing: God does not exist. He wouldn't bestow such talent upon such a horrible, deplorable human being.

Morrissey deserves to die alone. In poverty. Without friends.

Hahahaha, speaking of friends: even Even Alain Whyte ran for the hills after a few years with good old Mozzer. What a douche bag he is. Morrissey that is.

Viva Mike Joyce! Good for you sir. I wish you would have gotten it all!

Well, at least we can be certain of one thing: God does not exist. He wouldn't bestow such talent upon such a horrible, deplorable human being.

Hahahaha, speaking of friends: even Even Alain Whyte ran for the hills after a few years with good old Mozzer. What a douche bag he is. Morrissey that is.

You are such a stupid puke!

This is a nice honor but it also means that The Smiths have become "Classic Rock." Up there with the Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton now, having learned to market their brand of subversive rock and roll. If this was the 80's they'd have a Michelob commercial. They'd use "How Soon Is Now" and edit it so it's just about going to the club to meet someone that really likes you, cut to instrumental section and show some Morrissey lookalikes drinking beer and partying.

I think the NME are hoping to sell a few extra copies this week. If I was cynical I would say they are cashing in on the publicity surrounding the autobiography!

Everybody hates you -> you spend your time doing this -> everybody hates you.

I don't hate you. In a twisted way I like you. You're too obviously unhappy to be genuinely hated.

Are you Mike Joyce?

Polls like this are just created to sell copies. But in this case, I agree completely.
Mozmal

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom