The Queen Is Dead - Isolated Stems

DavidA

Hello! I stumbled across a piece of software called Demucs, which does a surprisingly good job of separating isolated stems from MP3s. I fed it The Queen Is Dead and thought I'd share the results with anyone interested. You can find them here. Here's a sample.

Not sure why Johnny's guitar gets lumped in with 'other', but I have no control over such things.

Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 22.21.40.png

Last edited:
Just listened to the Sample of Cemetry Gates. Would love to hear the rest. How do I do so?

I put them all on the Notion site I linked to above. I think.

I appreciate all your efforts to share. I don't want to make it incredibly tedious for you but I get this message when I click on the link: You do not have access to David A's Notion. Please contact an admin to add you as a member.

Lovely! Thank you! I wonder what the other Smiths and Morrissey albums might sound with this software? :)

Thanks. If nothing else Morrissey's isolated vocal on 'Cemetry Gates' makes it inarguable that he really does sing "whale-blubber Wilde is on mine" at the end. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
I'm quite glad that I always heard it as 'well-beloved Wilde'. I prefer that!

Be great to get official ones at some point. One of the most interesting things to hear would be Johnny's individual isolated guitars, and how all those dozens of overdubs fit together, which is something these programs can never truly untangle.

Back
Top Bottom